Online programmer - (Go/Kubernetes)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Vanguard provides a set of standard APIs and tools to work with dedicated server resources - setup, deployment, scaling, development and operations are simplified and enhanced by a Ubi-centric API and Ubiservice referentials. Leveraging the latest cloud-based and microservices-oriented technologies, it aims to offer maximum stability and scalability. The platform is mainly developed in Go and runs on Kubernetes.
As a member of our team, you will be directly involved with the development and enhancement of the platform, providing flexibility, performance, and stability for Ubisoft’s most ambitious productions. You will contribute to their success by staying in direct contact with them on a daily basis, providing them with the best possible support. You will be committed to ensuring that the game meets the performance and functional standards that were set, from design to post-launch.
What you'll do
- Develop a cutting-edge online platform and efficient online services in collaboration with game production teams and other Harbour partners.
- Analyze and break down feature requests and provide solutions that are realistic, robust, and achievable.
- Work within time and resource constraints.
- Collaborate with many production and support teams in Montreal and around the world.
- Improve our product by identifying and fixing bugs reported by our partners.
- Document your work.
- Remain informed of the latest technological advancements in online services and games.
What you bring
- Experience with Go, C# or C++ programming
- Experience with online service development
- Keen interest in microservice development, cloud technologies, and working with a DevOps mindset
- Ability to learn quickly
- Autonomy and resourcefulness
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- A collaborative spirit
In addition to your experience, we consider the following to be assets:
- Experience in the development and operation of online services or games
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in AWS, Google Cloud or Azure services and hosted infrastructures
- Database programming (SQL and NoSQL)
- Development experience on Sony and Microsoft consoles
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
As Ubisoft’s online platform developer, Harbour helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a long-term approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.