Winter Engineering Intern (3-4 Months)
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Are you ready to move entertainment forward? Join us and create the unknown.
Ubisoft Entertainment, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Engineering Intern for 3-4 months this Winter.
We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and experienced person for our XDefiant project, based in our San Francisco studio.
The Engineering Intern will work within an engineering team to develop systems in the game engine that touch on several different areas of game development. The position will receive work in the form of short and mid-term assignments that requires independent judgment to complete for each Sprint.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design & implement improvements and features identified by the programming team in various areas of the engineering
- Develop tools and testing scripts to support and maintain existing game systems as required
- Program in a clear and structured way, considering performance, maintenance, and compatibility requirements
- Track down and correct the bugs identified by quality control or members of the production team
- Document work to transfer knowledge and allow users to understand how to use the new systems and functionalities
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Studies in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent, in progress
- 0-3+ years’ software programming experience
- Good C++ skills
- Some familiarity with at least one dynamic programming language
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to anticipate, prioritize, and organize work to meet objectives
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for on-going learning and self-development
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience working on game projects, personal or professional, ideal but not required
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 10 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on innovative new titles with Rocksmith+ and XDefiant.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters