Senior Gameplay Engineer - REMOTE
- Austin, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Flexible Working Organization: To be discussed
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 10 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on innovative new titles with Rocksmith+ and XDefiant.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
This opportunity is for you to be a FT Employee of Ubisoft with all our comprehensive benefits while working remotely in the following states where Ubisoft already has offices and/or tax presence: California, Alabama, Connecticut, Colorado, Georgia, Indiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington.
When you’re a Senior Gameplay Engineer at Ubisoft, you have a large influence over the game content and the quality of the game experience. You’ll work with the lead gameplay engineer to design and implement gameplay systems as well as expanding the game engine itself.
During the development process you’ll focus on designing and building the game systems that are the foundation of our game. You’ll also be optimizing, expanding, and adding core features to our engine technology in areas such as AI, navigation, online play, and audio.
As a dependable member of a cohesive online game team, you will participate in the design, coding, testing, integration, and debugging of the game’s features and content with creators from multiple disciplines.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Analyze feature requests for viability, design completeness, risks
- Design and implement gameplay systems
- Optimize and extend the game engine
- Create low-latency, highly responsive game systems
- Collaborate with the design team to build engine features
- Maintain and extend documentation on gameplay features and systems
- Self-manage programming task schedule updates and coordinate with production team
- Work with design team to ensure that gameplay systems are used properly
- Mentor junior engineers and provide design guidance on new features
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Mid to senior level of experience in programming/engineering development
- C/C++ development skills
- Several shipped titles as Gameplay Engineer
- Experienced in developing and implementing key gameplay systems
- Work well with designers and artists to implement the vision of the game
- Autonomous, problem-solving, and open-minded attitude
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters