Associate Lead Game Designer (F/M/NB)
- Bordeaux, France
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Bordeaux works with passion on the biggest AAA's and aims to offer the best gaming experiences for our players. Today, our studio counts more than 320 talents from 15 different nationalities and is working on licenses such as Assassin’s Creed, Rainbow Six, Beyond Good & Evil 2, but also on mobile games, as well as exciting technologies with Harbour team, our Ubisoft's online service group, the Streaming team and with La Forge which seeks to validate the value of technological innovations.
In collaboration with the Lead Game Designer and the Game Director, you main objectives will be to:
- Participate in the design of the content, closely collaborating with the creative team
- Be the point of contact for the creative vision and the design direction within the design team
- Participate in the creation and help prototype robust, accessible and deep game mechanics
- Supervise the preparation of design documents, validate and monitor their implementation
- Ensure the smooth running of the creative process by providing validation of each step
- Supervise the Game Design team (management and coordination of schedules ...)
- Build action plans after feedback from the management and analysis of playtest results
- Communicate with your peers in the studios involved in the production
- You have at leas a first experience as an associate/lead Game Designer on a AAA game;
- You are able to design motivating game structures and mechanics to ensure the player’s long-term commitment to the experience
- Curious and analytical, you are aware of new developments and trends and you’ll be proactive in always adapting to consumer expectations
- You have a player oriented vision, you listen to them, and act accordingly
- You are rigorous, autonomous, proactive, agile and creative
- You know also build your decisions on factual analysis (data tracking, playtest)
· Phone Interview
· Interview with our internal teams
· Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer. According to the sanitary measures related to COVID-19, all interviews will be held by visioconference and every employee can partially work from home.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.