Junior Legal Counsel – Game Production (M/NB/W)
- Paris, France
- Flexible Working Organization: To be discussed
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
At Ubisoft’s Legal Department, we are looking for creative, ground-breaking talent, innovating and disruptive business professionals whose area of expertise happens to be legal. Like us, you are passionate about games, about people and communication, and want to have a transformative impact in this fast moving ever evolving legal world. You are not afraid to experiment, try and try again until you succeed and are always positive. You are mindful, emotionally intelligent, adaptable and a real strategic business partner.
Come join us!
Our Legal team is organized in a centralized structure around business priorities with dedicated legal counsels for each area of expertise. Being embedded across the studios enables us to be tactically focused on the specific needs at stake and to provide the exact attention needed to conduct the companies’ business effectively. We are proud of the very strong partnership between the legal team and all Ubisoft’s teams which we strive at perpetuating and enriching every day.
As Junior Legal Counsel based in Paris in the Game Production worldwide Legal team, you are at the heart of what makes Ubisoft so unique: content. Your days will be filled with in-game content problem solving equations, devious questions which answers are never black or white and have multicultural legal implications. Internationally and culturally diverse professionals from around the world who strive at finding the next innovative breakthrough in game development and player experience will become your best friends and look up to you for disruptive and innovative legal advice breaking the boundaries of any current and future regulations. You will help build innovative legal solutions that comply with current regulations and will be responsible for their implementations in our studios. You work upstream to identify the best strategy, to assess and manage risks and to provide support in implementing such solutions.
Business partner is your motto. Anticipation, your creed.
- Draft, review and negotiate all sorts of commercial agreements in English or French, for a variety of third party contractual relationships, including creative services, licensing, talent agreements;
- Provide strategic and practical advice to Ubisoft’s production teams, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that production people can use;
- Be the one to call for any in-game-off-the-wall-content question production teams have and provide tips and tricks for the teams to move forward;
- Support, accompany and train all creative teams around the globe to give them the best legal reflexes needed to boost their creativity. You will collaborate with other legal counsels around the globe to develop the tools needed for such training;
- You’ll always keep an ear out for any shift in a legal landscape and business developments in the video game industry and other disruptive industries which could impact directly or indirectly production subjects;
- Ensure conformity with Ubisoft’s business needs, policies and risk tolerance;
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
To succeed in this position, you have a first experience in the entertainment industry, with a focus on intellectual property law and contract law, preferably in-house. You must have a strong interest for the videogames industry (either as a gamer or a follower) to be a strong business partner to our studios.
If you feel up to the challenge and can relate to the experience and qualities listed below, then don't hesitate any longer!
- Bilingual English and French : you can switch orally and in writing from one language to the other and can negotiate in Shakespeare’s language on the dot. Daily work language and management is in English;
- You’re not afraid of project management aspects;
- Emotionally intelligent and curious: you have excellent interpersonal skills with a highly motivated mindset. You have legal and business-friendly judgment and eager to build consensus across cross-functional stakeholders. You know how to listen, to give and receive feedback in a friendly and constructive way;
- Negotiation: your negotiation motto is win/win. You keep cool whatever the circumstances. Moving in ambiguous and unknown fields does not scare you;
- Last but not least: you’re not risk adverse and are capable of spotting potentially risky situations to your manager and teammates.
Don’t hesitate and send us your application if you want to join us in this permanent position at our International HQ based in Saint-Mandé.
Joining Ubisoft means joining a company that sends you all the thrilling vibes and energy you can find in a startup, along with all the perks of a big company! These include
- Profit sharing
- 4 free video games/year (ours of course ;))
- A workplace team dedicated to make your daily work experience at Ubisoft the best: Monday morning breakfasts, rest areas, gaming areas, free hot drinks and fresh fruit, discount on a wide range of shows…
- And that’s naming just a few
If you are interested in this position and reckon you have what it takes, all you have left to do is send in your application via SmartRecruiters. We will get back to you within 3 weeks and if we think your profile matches the needs for the role, we will organize a 20-30 minutes phonecall, followed up by 2 to 3 interviews as well as a case study.
We look forward to reading you!!
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.
The position is attached to the International Headquarters.