Gameplay Programmer (VR Comfort) [Assassin's Creed VR] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
- Flexible Working Organization: Office-based
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of video games worldwide with a network of over 44 locations. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Assassin's Creed VR”, "Splinter Cell VR" and many more.
As Gameplay Programmer you'll take on the challenge of technical design and architecture of our game plus gameplay features.
As a member of a Gameplay Feature Team, you will develop strong relationships with designers to build and maintain VR gameplay features that provide players with amazing experiences they can’t get from traditional flat-screen games.
As a member of the VR Comfort Team, you will gain the responsibility for one or more features to ensure that our VR title(s) can be played comfortably by VR veterans and newcomers alike
- Work with a Designer/Product Owner and other Programmers to implement, test, document, and fix bugs in various game features
- Design, implement, maintain and optimize game systems in Unity/C#
- Code review the work of your peers and provide valuable feedback
- Identify risks and opportunities presented during the development and provide solutions to resolve potentially complex problems
- Help the Lead Programmer in hiring and interview processes as needed
- Share your knowledge with others on the team regularly whilst keeping your skills current and continually learning
- 4+ years of game dev experience and shipped completed games (AA/AAA preferred)
- Master, Bachelor or equivalent in computer science or engineering (Masters counts for 1-2 years’ experience)
- Solid programming skills in C# and experience with Unity
- Experience in development in VR is a BIG plus
- Experience in refactoring and optimizing existing systems
- Solid code reviewing, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of multi-threaded principles
- Ability to work efficiently with a large, existing code base
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment (e.g., Scrum)
- Knowledge of software development environments and associated tools. (i.e. Visual Studio, Perforce, JIRA...)
- C++ programming skills are a big plus
- Strong time management skills, reporting and documentation skills
Looking to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace with a great work life balance? In our open, international and friendly environment you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Our state of the art studio will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences that will stay with the players.
Living in Düsseldorf
Düsseldorf is a very multi-national city close to the border of Germany famous for its Japanese culture. A Japanese gardens, "Little Tokyo" area for Asian cuisine, and celebrating Japan Day along the River Rhine are a part of it's charm. Art Galleries and Museums can be found as well as the "Old City" - a lively area of bars and restaurants amongst traditional German architecture.
Two hours from Paris, Amsterdam, the UK & Hamburg - an excellent location to explore Europe even on a weekend. Nature parks offer a sanctuary for those needing a break from city life. More suburban areas surround the city for those looking for a more relaxed pace.
For more information here: Studio Life & Düsseldorf
- Relocation Assistance provided
- Flexible work hours
- Monthly travel budget
- 26 days holiday, 11 days public holidays, 5 Care for your Sick Child days (all paid)
- Health Insurance (50% contribution paid by Ubisoft) and paid sick days
- Pension Scheme
- Gym subsidy
- Monthly childcare budget
- Discounted games & more
Diveristy & Inclusion: (f/m/d = female, male, diverse) At Ubisoft we foster an inclusive environment. All applications are welcome!