Senior Programmer [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
- Mainz, Germany
About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.
As a Senior Programmer on our team, you will be both a hands-on programmer and a direction-providing mentor. In this role, you will work on every aspect of the game, from engine and game systems to developer tools.
You are eager to work on a yet unannounced game title and to have direct influence on what ends up in our players’ hands. As a key developer of a small, talented dev team, you will bring the vision of the game to life and provide expert knowledge to help make strategic project decisions.
- Implement various gameplay systems and tools
- Implement and refactor engine features to support the projects technical needs
- Coach and mentor other members of the programming team, empowering them to innovate
- Deliver robust and flexible code
- Act as a service-oriented ambassador of engineering to the rest of the team
- Collaborate with all disciplines to evaluate technical possibilities, conceptualize and realize game features and functionality and create the best possible player experience
- Ensure that newly developed features and systems meet expectations and are coherent with existing code
- Make use of iterative prototyping to demonstrate the validity of gameplay features
- Analyze and understand the game design to define required features and game systems - suggest improvements whenever necessary by designing and implementing new systems or modifying existing systems
- Identify and resolve bugs reported by people from other disciplines, the quality control team, and your peers
- Anticipate complex problems and propose respective solutions, considering the entire production pipeline
What you bring:
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
- At least 5 years of programming experience in C++
- Advanced skills in C++. (C# and WPF are a plus)
- Strong data structures, logic, algorithms, and optimization skills
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, such as game object management, AI, pathfinding, scripting, combat, and online networking preferred
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices, design patterns and software architecture
- Strong ability for analyzing and optimizing existing systems
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English
- Self-motivated team player and good experience working closely with game designers
- Interest and ability to mentor other programmers
- Passion for video games and technology
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- Any relevant code/work samples you can provide are highly appreciated
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/