Graphics Programmer [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
- Berlin, Germany
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
Founded in 2018, Ubisoft Berlin has steadily grown to over 150 talented game developers. We collaborate on Far Cry 6 alongside international Ubisoft teams, and are also working on Skull & Bones – those are just two of our slate of projects, the others still to be announced.
We take an ambitious but humble approach to our goal of bringing AAA development to Germany. We commit ourselves to excellence: delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that make our players feel part of the worlds we have created.
We encourage real ownership within our teams – giving lots of trust and space for them to explore their creativity. The ultimate goal being to leave a positive mark in the lives of our players and the industry of a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and exciting cities in the world!
As Intermediate/Senior Graphics Programmer, your mission will be to develop and maintain graphics techniques within the engine to create the best visuals possible.
What you'll do
- Bring console level graphics quality to new platforms
- Optimize existing rendering technology
- Collaborate with other Ubisoft studios to extend the capabilities of our in-house rendering technology
- Develop rendering systems that enhance the visual quality, are scalable and fit into defined budgets
- Establish and maintain workflows that allows the content teams to use the developed systems
What you bring
- Professional experience in graphics programming
- Knowledge of a broad range of rendering algorithms, special effects and related technology
- Knowledge of graphics APIs (D3D11/OpenGL) and shading languages (HLSL/GLSL)
- Ability to use graphics profiling and debugging tools
- Strong skills in C/C++
- Debugging and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with the content teams to reach the highest possible visual quality
- Being a team player by heart
- Self-direction and motivation
- Excellent communication and good English skills
Bonus points for
- Experience with platforms where performance/bandwidth restrictions exist
- Worked on your own graphics engine
- Knowledge of low-level graphics APIs(D3D12/Vulkan)
- Understanding of hardware architecture and details
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels at home. We believe people do their best work when you give them ownership and trust. In return, we expect our teams to practice self-responsibility – continuing to develop their skills and with a growth mindset. We know how critical it is for our teams to feel comfortable and with that in mind, we provide a variety of benefits which we hope helps you settle into your life in Berlin:
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get approximately 10 bank holidays in the Berlin region.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, experts and in-house library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check bluebyte.de and berlin.ubisoft.com