Automation Engineer [Build & Release] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to nearly 500 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
Build & Release
Joining Build & Release, a division of Ubisoft, you will be supporting game productions and tech teams in all their needs with build system, version control and automation for their projects. Our goal is to enable the projects to do their work as efficient as possible. We currently have 3 cooperation's with large game projects across Ubisoft.
You will be building and establishing an automation test strategy for one of our unannounced game titles in collaboration with the team’s testing and Build & Release departments. This includes managing the close collaboration with the quality assurance team and developers for a successful implementation.
As an Automation Engineer, you contribute to create, build and improve an automated testing setup to guarantee a certain level of quality and decrease the manual testing efforts throughout the game’s development and deployment. You will also be responsible for reviewing existing solutions and providing feedback to the different stakeholders.
- Create an automation test framework for internal games, applications, and services within the game and Ubisoft’s environments
- Develop functional tests for multicomponent games and applications
- Implement test solutions to the test workflow
- Closely collaborate and exchange with testing, development and external teams
- Engage and support when encountering issues in the process
- Actively participate in the centralized discussions and efforts towards global automation strategy of Ubisoft
- 2+ years of experience in Quality Assurance in the area of automation
- Broad knowledge on different programming and scripting languages like C#, C++, Python
- Good knowledge of different test frameworks, like Selenium, Ranorex
- Experience with different versioning systems, preferably Perforce
- Experience with XML / JSON processing
- Experience in the development of functional testing and test frameworks
- Experience with continuous integration tools and build pipelines like Jenkins, team city, Bamboo
- Good oral and written communication in English
- Knowledge of streaming technologies
- Knowledge of Cloud solutions
- Knowledge of Packaging Systems (zip, nu-get, chocolatey)
- Experience of working with unit tests
- Experience in REST API testing
- Experience working in Linux
- Experience with signing and fingerprinting
What We Bring
We offer the chance to work with cutting edge technologies, creating custom solutions that will impact millions of players.
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days holiday, 11 days public holidays, 5 Care for your Sick Child days (all paid)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games and all games on Ubisoft Connect for PC
- Gym Subsidy.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare
Feel free to apply directly on our website https://duesseldorf.ubisoft.com/en/