Senior Technical Level Designer - [Assassin's Creed VR] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", "James Cameron's Avatar", “Beyond Good & Evil 2", "Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
We are now accepting applications for Technical Designer for the legendary Assassin's Creed IP. We are building a brand-new team to work on bringing the Assassin's Creed world to VR. You will work on cutting-edge VR technology on a project that is being developed across multiple studios. Join us today to shape the future of VR!
Ubisoft Dusseldorf is looking for a Technical Level Designer to be involved in the production of an unannounced project.
Their mission will be to create and implement complex system design elements into the game, act as a technical reference and serve as a bridge between tech and design. They will promote a healthy and highly productive develop environment by constantly pushing for improvement of workflows, pipelines and tools used by the design team.
- Assist the Design team keep the balance between technical constraints and creative vision
- Participate in the data optimization phase of the project, as well as validating the Level Design team’s compliance with technical constraints
- Create gameplay metrics and ensure that they are kept by the team
- Train team members on tools and techniques & raise awareness of new processes.
- Act as a technical reference for the team in relation to Game Design & Level Design and provide technical support for fast prototyping and integration
- Understand, collect and share best practices, pipelines and workflows among the Design Team
- Review and give input on integrated work & find solutions to fix bugs.
- Assist content creators with their technical needs & bridge communication between design and programming.
- Create and maintain level design documentation, procedures and how-to guides, including feature specification and implementation guidelines;
- Prepare post-mortems + recommend ways to evolve how we create and integrate data.
- The ideal candidate has minimum 5 years of experience in level design and relevant tools.
- In-depth knowledge of game engines such as Unity or Unreal.
- Familiar with bug tracking software (e.g. Jira), version management systems (e.g. Perforce), and basic programming.
- Problem-solver; interested in investigating tech Issues and troubleshooting.
- Team player, open to giving and receiving constructive criticism and provide valuable feedback and active listening to team members.
- Fast learner and highly interested in new technologies, with an awareness of current developments in the industry.
- Strong motivation and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to communicate well within an English speaking work environment
As a plus:
- Experience in VR
- Knowledge of script languages (C#, Python, …etc.)
- Knowledge of a 3D Software (3D Max, Maya, …etc.)
- Technical education background
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 Days Paid Vacation Per Year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ Childcare Support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
If you want to grow with us and enjoy the game industry, we look forward to receiving your application including your availability, motivation and salary expectations.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772