NodeJS Fullstack Developer
- Montreal, Canada
- Flexible Working Organization: To be discussed
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
In this role, you will join the Engineering & Platform team, which is the creative engine of Ubisoft's IT platform: a single destination, providing teams with access to services to leverage the cloud and infrastructure in a consistent, self-service manner. We're building on modern infrastructure, leveraging Kubernetes and pushing its boundaries to host platform services in multiple variations.
From a software services perspective, we are currently focused on authentication, authorization, API Gateway, Secret Manager, SDK, service mesh, and database - with more to come.
- Design and develop microservices, large-scale web services, and APIs for an engineering platform - PaaS - Platform-as-a-Service, while using modern software development best practices;
- Produce clean and efficient code based on a simple development process aimed at reusable, optimal and maintainable solutions that will improve the quality of the platform;
- Work with the operations team to ensure support of developed applications in all environments;
- Design and develop the frontend application in micro-frontend architecture for the platform services;
- Contribute to architecture and design requirements while creating technical documentation with a focus on quality deliverables;
- Enhance development and build tools and improve items such as CI/CD flows;
- Write unit and integration tests and participate in code reviews;
- Identify and troubleshoot system deficiencies and recommend solutions;
- Keep up to date with new technologies in the fields of online services, game development and the web in general;
- Work closely with teammates in the design, coding and review of test plans to contribute to the creation of robust software and promote knowledge sharing.
- Strong background in software engineering and development and knowledge of the NodeJS language;
- Experience in web development such as REST, gRPC, CI/CD pipeline, GitLab CI, Spinnaker, experience with Terraform, Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes and understanding of object-oriented programming - OOP;
- Experience in frontend development and experience with React, Preact/Redux, CSS/SCSS as well as knowledge of Design Systems;
- Experience with Agile development - Scrum and experience working in an Agile and DevOps environment;
- Ability to make complex information accessible and to communicate easily within distributed teams and excellent communication skills in French and English, both written and oral.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.