LLVM Generalist Programmer (Anvil Pipeline)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
We are looking for an experienced engineer, preferably with prior experience of LLVM and/or any other major compiler. As part of the “Build tools & compilation pipeline” team, you will work on the LLVM toolchain used to build our game titles and production tools. Our main target is Windows with clang-cl, however many other platforms are targeted through cross-compilation.
Within a team dedicated to maintaining the whole programming framework, you’ll ensure the scalability, stability, and continuous performance of all its aspects. Plus, you’ll collaborate closely with the community of programmers contributing to the project to help them integrate their changes safely and efficiently.
Anvil is a Game Engine developed internally at Ubisoft and used worldwide to power the greatest AAA games. Originally developed alongside the release of the original Assassin’s Creed in 2007 to build one dynamic open world games it has since evolved to support a huge variety of game genres and platforms. Play the most tactical 5vs5 FPS in Rainbow 6 Siege on your PC or jump into a mass multiplayer playground in Rider’s Republic on your next generation console …. there is no limit with Anvil.
In the Anvil team we strongly believe in empowering our developers and enabling them to build the most innovative, amazing-looking and enriching game experiences. If you join us you will be working in close collaboration with multiple production teams and help us create a cutting-edge production pipeline featuring powerful core services and easy-to-use tools. Fancy joining the Anvil community?
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain our LLVM fork
- Identify and optimize bottlenecks in the toolchain
- Upstream the patches and participate in reviews with the LLVM community
- Occasionally maintain our LLVM GitLab CI
- Improve the quality of the debug information
- Address practical usages of the toolchain in production
- Work with other adjacent tools or processes relying on LLVM, such as sanitizers, Linux cross-compilation, distributed & cached builds, etc.
What you will bring
- Extensive experience in C++, low-level programming, CPU architectures
- Experience contributing to a large-scale open-source project, including the review cycle
- Experience developing on a compiler toolchain, such as GCC, LLVM or MSVC.
- Familiarity dealing with whole compilation/build pipeline (although this is not a build manager job!)
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.