Product Manager - Media
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
About the team and role
We are seeking an experienced and resourceful IT Media Product Manager to join our growing worldwide IT Customer & Marketing Solutions team which supports marketing teams to deliver the best customer experience around the globe.
You will focus primarily on the advertising challenges and technologies to shape and improve the adtech ecosystem that supports the execution of efficient and impactful paid media campaigns.
Your role is to evaluate the business needs, define functional solutions based on both existing and new technology, and ensure that IT deliverables are in line with the business priorities.
In this specific role, you will work closely with the Lead Product Manager and will liaise mainly with both EMEA and NCSA Audience and Media stakeholders.
You will have to interact as well with a large set of teams within IT (Enterprise Data, Enterprise Business Solutions, Web Services, …) and with other business partners (CRM, Digital Marketing, Legal, Marketing Analytics, …) to ensure that these products and features are transversal.
You will be required to travel from time to time abroad (when permitted).
About the product
Ubisoft has developed already a couple of tailor-made products dedicated to media operations (Trafficking Sheet, Tracking URL generator) and has internal media teams operating campaigns on various ad platforms.
We look at expanding their usage to new populations, continuing their evolution, and merging them into a global platform to manage campaigns at scale with a higher level of tracking and standardization.
The Product Manager owns the product development and management from its conception to go live, and onwards.
This role is also occasionally expected to provide some support and guidance to the Business teams on external media solutions that would then fall into his product portfolio.
The Product Manager has to ensure that the product’s strategy and goals are aligned with those of the Business top management.
This means concretely getting product requirements and priorities evaluated with the business stakeholders, documented, specified and implemented by the scrum teams within an agreed timeline.
As such, the Product Manager’s responsibilities are to:
- Set the vision and the roadmap for the media products, alongside with the Lead Product Manager and Business stakeholders;
- Study and analyze solutions from the market to propose benchmarks and to assist the business teams in the vendor selection and setup;
- Maintain a clear representation of the adtech ecosystem (Custom products, Media Platforms, DSPs, Adserver, Media tagging, Trafficking, Analytics … );
- Identify opportunities and propose optimizations for the existing products;
- Develop business cases to drive the strategy discussions based on quantified Business values and ROI;
- Groom accordingly product backlogs and keep them prioritized upon the Business value agreed initially with stakeholders;
- Analyze and document business requirements, and write related user stories;
- Collaborates with the IT teams & clearly communicate the requirements to the Scrum teams and to the Business stakeholders;
- Work with multiple marketing and technology teams across the organization to facilitate solutions alignement, priority and usage but also to overcome dependencies and to ensure their transversality;
- Provide overal a good level of communication and training strategy on releases and products.
- Demonstrable expertise of project/product management fundamentals practicing Agile/Scrum, producing user stories, epics and/or story boards;
- Expert knowledge and acumen of IT Technology fundamentals and solutions;
- Exposure to adtech solutions (Adservers, DMPs, DSPs, Google stack, SalesForce …) and media environment is a plus;
- Bilingual French and English is required both orally and written.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.