Junior DataWarehouse Developer
- Bucharest, Romania
- Flexible Working Organization: To be discussed
Your life at Ubi
The IT Department of Ubisoft is currently seeking a full-time Junior Data Warehouse Developer specialized in designing and developing Data Warehouse solutions. You will have to become quickly autonomous and cover by yourself the technical project developments related to Production Costs / HR & KM / Procurement reporting solution: technologies involving Snowflake, TERADATA and MicroStrategy. You will work also with our business contacts, technical representatives of our external partners and the support team.
Your main mission
- Understand and work with multiple data sources to create a unified solution that implements the client’s business rules and supports their analytical needs
- Design, develop and maintain ETL jobs and related data warehouse models/objects/systems.
- Test the solutions implemented and analyzing potential data quality issues to determine the root cause.
- Perform database tuning including monitoring, troubleshooting and optimizing performance of the databases
- Have good understanding of user requirements and functional specifications
- Ensure that formal documentation is produced for all development projects
- With the assistance of a Senior Developer, when needed, design and execute the assigned developments
The professional value you bring
- Previous experience working with Database Engines & ETL Tools is welcomed: database engines (Snowflake, TERADATA, SQL Server or Oracle); ETL tools: SSIS, Informatica PowerCenter, IBM DataStage, AbInitio or other major ETL tools
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
Nice to have
- Agile methodology knowledge is an asset.
- Experience with reporting and analytic presentation tools and technologies such as MicroStrategy, Business Objects XI, Cognos, Tableau
The personal value you bring
- Analytical skills and being accountable for his/her actions
- Strong capacity to communicate ideas and solutions to non-technical people
- A passion for being involved with/ use new technologies and standards to change
Ubisoft’s team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
Our colleagues from the IT department engineer and deliver reliable services & products for Ubisoft’s game development teams and for our player communities, as well as developing apps for internal, world-wide use.