Game Designer 3C [Unannounced Game]
- Stockholm, Sweden
«Do you find yourself thinking about how a game mechanic works in the game you were just playing? Can you break down how game systems interact to offer a captivating experience? Then we got a great opportunity for you!»
We are looking for a 3C Game Designer to join our studio for an ambitious unannounced game here in Stockholm Sweden.
As a 3C Game Designer you will focus on the 3 C’s: Controls, Character and Camera. You will join our Game Design Team and work closely with the Lead 3C Designer and another 3C Designer. You will also collaborate with other departments like special effects, audio, programmers, and other game designers.
We know you're passionate about games, and for us it's important that you get to thrive and succeed in a creative environment. To do this, we are creating strong autonomous teams that make decisions independently, and have the freedom to try out new things and show why they work. For us it is important that you get to shine by being creative: to take deliberate decisions, poke holes in things, navigate through known pitfalls when required to and care for your craft by honoring your commitments.
We’re looking for a 3C Game Designer to realize the complex and interdependent relationship between Controls, Character and Camera. As Game Designer in this project, you will create, maintain, and realize design specifications and support your colleagues from other disciplines with the implementation process.
In this role you will...
- Design, implement, iterate, and maintain 3C systems and features.
- Collaborate across departments to communicate and implement 3C design.
- Create and maintain design documentation, ensuring it is up to date and meet standards together with your team
- Playtest, analyze and iterate on systems and features relating to 3C.
We would love if you...
- Can implement design in the engine.
- Have a few years’ experience in AAA game development.
- Have been in a production from pre-production to release.
- Are experienced with rapid prototyping.
- You are passionate about “game feel”, player experience and the underlying systems that give rise to it.
- Have experience within visual scripting
- Are familiar with game engines such as Unreal 4, Snowdrop, Unity etc.
- Have experience writing game design documents.
- Are good at breaking down and explaining the design process.
- Are used to working in an international environment and to express yourself in English.
Apply to make it yours!
Read more about us at: https://stockholm.ubisoft.com/
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.