Player Experience Manager (M/W/NB)
- Paris, France
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving gamechanging challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
The mission of the Global Publishing Audience & Customer Management department is to support & help deliver Ubisoft’s marketing strategies & offers to our different audiences (our players, communities, influencers, journalists & partners) by activating the optimal communication channels managed by the various teams within the department: CRM, Media, Community Management, Communications or Customer Support.
Within this department, the Player Experience team has a transversal role and aims to help maximize player satisfaction by mobilizing the various internal teams worldwide around players core needs. The team’s objective is to analyze the player experiences within the Ubisoft ecosystem, to boost internal collaboration & improve these experiences with the player’s needs in mind and finally to create & coordinate processes that improve Ubisoft’s ability to execute the best player experiences consistently.
Player experience team is split in 3 groups: Player Experience Program Management for games and services Frontlines; Player Experience Program Management for Community transversal programs and Player Experience User Journey Management team.
As part of Player Experience User Journey Management team, you’ll work within a global environment, you will work closely with Business, IT, HQ and Production departments. Your main mission will be to help optimize the player experience for Ubisoft’s key products & services. You’ll be in charge of several projects to document, evaluate and co-design player journeys transversally in all Ubisoft ecosystem for both games and transversal services. You’ll leverage expertise from other teams, participate to Player Experience best practices redaction and share them.
More precisely, your missions will be the following:
· Help design better transversal player experiences
o Map existing player journeys related to Ubisoft’s main products & services
- Organize and follow user tests in partnership with Ubisoft user labs to align with stakeholders and internal experts on players expectations
- Co-design user journeys with other relevant teams to build frictionless journeys
- Document player experience best practices & create targets for Player Experience KPIs based on past operations
- Consolidate project’s learnings to leverage them across projects, programs and to share them within Ubisoft
- Deliver change initiatives & partner with internal stakeholders to champion change and nurture a player-centric mindset - Build positive and healthy communities, managing player behavior and expectations
- Help to develop Ubisoft’s ecosystem of services to provide a coherent & consistent player experience
- Improve decision making processes through player-centric data, insights, and benchmarks
- Orchestrate User Centered design framework in Ubisoft Player Experience programs – User research, cross team alignment, consistent experience delivery…
- Help define global CX scoring for player experiences
- Identify, create, and maintain reusable KPIs to compare similar experiences based on journey complexity and potential issues, independent from the editorial content
- Use both qualitative and quantitative data gathered from heterogenous sources to build a global Player Experience score. Qualitative data can come from surveys, interviews, or user studies. Quantitative data can come from analytics or large-scale surveys
- Collaborate with data teams to create, collect and analyze the data through studies and dashboards to share data with other internal partners
- Improve the Player Experience toolbox
- Help on-board other users on methodology and tooling
- Gather feedbacks continuously to improve the methodology and approach
- Centralize knowledge and promote it in the company for other teams to benefit from previous projects
- Communicate with internal PX enthusiast’s community to exchange knowledge across different departments
The ideal candidate has:
· Solid experience in project management in a digital ecosystem
· Strong organizational, program management, and cross-functional coordination skills
· Proven efficiency in multi-programs and multi-timezones environment
· Proven collaboration track record building relationships and consensus while navigating complex, multi-national/cultural organizational structures
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt communication to different audiences (from Project lead to top management)
· Excellent data proficiency, analytical skills & the ability to summarize complex data dynamics to be impactful but also be able to go into the details when necessary
· Proven collaboration in technology field to communicate with development teams
· Great interest in creating new collaboration bridges and processes
· Great interest in sharing learnings and knowledge
· Preferred previous experience with online surveying tools (Qualtrics, Alchemer…)
· Preferred experience in professional videogame development or publishing, preferably working on games-as-a-service
· A passion for gaming and personal experience as an active member. You need to care about our players, understand & share their perspective
Is fluent English / French
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our players’ community.