- Paris, France
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their goal to enrich the life of the players with memorable and original entertainment experiences. They give life to beautiful worlds where the imagination can express itself completely, resulting in moments of surprise, fun and adventure that allow the player to learn and discover himself.
At Ubisoft, you have the opportunity to work and grow with passionate teams that are pioneers in their field, all around the world. You will evolve in a caring and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of the imagination and technology to create worlds that will fascinate our players.
In the context of its development, Ubisoft is looking for new talents to join its Paris production studio, proud maker of titles such as Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Just Dance 2021, Watch_Dogs Legion or Beyond Good and Evil 2.
Are you ready to take on new challenges? Do you want to give beautiful experiences to our players? Then come join us!
Within the Beyond Good & Evil 2 development team, you will be responsible for the development of new features of the graphics engine, while ensuring the support and optimization of tools related to it.
Under the responsibility of the Lead Programmer, your main missions as a 3D Programmer will be to :
- Take responsibility for the design, development and implementation of new graphical features (e.g. shaders ...) in our proprietary game engine,
- Optimize the existing code base according to the needs of the project,
- Develop tools for 3D artists,
- Identify and fix bugs identified by other people and the quality control team,
- Document the work in order to transfer knowledge and allow users from other jobs to understand how to use the new features.
- You have a first experience of at least 3 years in graphic programming in the video game industry,
- You master the C++ language and its use in a real-time game engine with notions of multithreading,
- You know the current graphics APIs (DirectX11 and 12, Vulkan) and the associated shader languages (HLSL, GLSL, etc...),
- You pay particular attention to the cleanliness and efficiency of your code (CPU/GPU usage, memory management),
- You have a solid understanding of mathematics and algorithms related to 3D and display,
- Knowledge of tools used in production by artists (3DSMax, Maya, Photoshop etc ...) would be a plus,
- You have a fluent level of written and spoken English.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.