System and Online Operation Specialist (DevOps)
- Montreal, Canada
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
As a System and Online Operation Specialist at Ubisoft Montréal, you’ll ensure the proper functioning of servers, tools, and processes, while embracing the DevOps philosophy.
In a cutting-edge tech environment with a range of open source technologies like MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch/Kibana, Kubernetes, Prometheus, you’ll join a group of online programmers writing and managing microservices written in Python on Windows and in Node.JS on Linux using a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases for all of our Ubisoft games.
What you’ll do
- Design, set up, deploy, monitor, and maintain hybrid environments for teams responsible for online microservices in the cloud and our datacentre.
- Participate in the deployment of available, scalable, fault-tolerant microservices.
- Collaborate with game development teams to improve current processes and tools + define new ones.
- Evaluate and integrate technologies & review and adapt our best practices.
- Be a go-to person and expert in all topics DevOps (e.g. automation, infrastructure definition, provisioning, configuration management, deployment, monitoring, continuous integration and delivery, etc.).
- Stay up to date on technological advancements and emerging trends.
What you bring
- Experience in systems administration or related experience
- Knowledge of scripting languages & internet technologies and concepts (e.g. DNS, routing protocols, firewalls, proxies, TCP/UDP, and higher-level protocols like HTTP)
- Expertise in Linux system administration and in automating, configuring, managing, or provisioning with tools like Chef, Salt, Ansible, CloudFormation, Puppet, etc. *
- Proficiency in using or managing a variety of open source technologies, databases, tools, and cloud services
- A collaborative spirit and results-oriented focus
- Ability to resolve problems & take initiative
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
*Expertise in Windows system administration and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) a plus.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alison. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.