Lead UX Designer [Unannounced Game]
- Stockholm, Sweden
Do you want to help us shape the interface systems and features that empower our players for a highly ambitious unannounced game from one of the world’s leading game studios?
We are looking for a Lead UX Designer for an ambitious unannounced game here in Stockholm Sweden.
As our Lead UX Designer, you will establish our design system in collaboration with our UI Art Lead which will serve as a toolset driving our game’s HUD and User Interface design process. From concepts and requirements, you will create UX flows, wireframes, briefs, and prototypes, as well as check the quality of UX designs produced by UX designers to ensure consistency to our quality benchmark. Furthermore, you will be key in building, managing, and mentoring a team of internal and external UX designers.
We know you have fantastic skills and for us it is important that you get to show them. To do this, we are creating strong independent autonomous teams with the freedom to try out new things and show why they work. For us it is important that you get to shine by being creative: to make deliberate decisions, poke holes in things, care for your craft by honoring your commitments, and navigate through known pitfalls when you are required to do so.
In this role, you’ll be joining our Presentation craft, and report to the Presentation Director. You will build, manage and coach a team of UX designers with complementary skills, driving 1-on-1’s and setting individual career goals throughout the year.
Furthermore, you will work closely with other members of the presentation team, such as UI Artists, Motion Graphics Artists, Scripters and Programmers. You will share and present your work often. We promote a strong and inclusive feedback culture.
In this role you will...
- Collect requirements from other departments (like our Game Design department) to inform the design decisions made for our UI and HUD.
- Follow our currently established UX direction and Heuristics to translate concepts and requirements into flows, layouts, and wireframes while keeping the player’s needs in mind.
- Writing UX design briefs for other UX designers and co-development studios to follow.
- Shape our Design System as it is used in the game’s User Interface and HUD.
- Validate our designs with our players by leveraging Ubisoft UX research labs and methodologies.
- Ensure that our interface is as usable and as accessible as it can be to as many people as possible, including people with disabilities.
- Coaching and career planning with members of your team.
We would love if you...
- Are a skilled and ethical UX designer with a generous portfolio.
- Have experience from leading and mentoring a team of UX designers.
- Are experienced in the full production cycle of creating user interfaces - from concepts and requirements, to flow, through wireframe, and prototype, to final deliverable.
- Have an eye and passion for designing accessible and usable interfaces.
- Are skilled in tools like Axure, Figma, Adobe XD, or other similar prototyping tools.
- Have an understanding in Design Systems and User-Centred Design ideology.
- Are experienced with communicating your vision and giving/receiving feedback.
- Are used to working in an international environment and to express yourself fluently in English.
Apply to make it yours
Read more about us: http://stockholm.ubisoft.com/
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.