Lead Systems Programmer World [New Game IP]
- Stockholm, Sweden
Do you enjoy driving and leading members of your team to create Gamethe next big thing? Are you intrigued by clever systems that make a game world feel alive? Come join us today!
We are looking for a Lead Systems Programmer within our World team to join us in an ambitious New Game IP here in Stockholm Sweden.
As a Lead Systems Programmer you will be a big part of creating and shaping a new team of World Systems programmers and make sure that newly developed features and systems meet expectations and is coherent with existing code. As we work in cross-functional teams within the project, you will be interacting with people from many other disciplines and follow agile methodologies to drive your work forward.
We know you're passionate about games, and for us it's important that you get to thrive and succeed in a creative environment. To do this, we are creating strong autonomous teams that make decisions independently, and have the freedom to try out new things and show why they work. For us it is important that you get to shine by being creative: to take deliberate decisions, poke holes in things, navigate through known pitfalls when required to and care for your craft by honoring your commitments.
In this role, you’ll be joining our programming craft, leading the World Systems programmers and work closely with the World Design team. Together you will make sure you find great solutions for new mechanics. It will be important to understand the teams need, to share best practices and provide mentorship as needed about best practices in code. You will have an exciting opportunity in building a future-proof team of World Systems Programmers.
In this role you will...
- Collaborate with designers in finding the best solution to enable new mechanics.
- Ensure that newly developed features and systems meet expectations and is coherent with existing code.
- Perform design- and code-reviews with team members.
- Make sure your team can work efficiently and identify opportunities for workflow improvements.
- Document your work to transfer knowledge and enable users how to use the new systems and functionalities.
- Analyze and correct bugs identified by people from other crafts, development testers or you and your peers.
- Estimate time to accomplish programming tasks and commit to meeting all objectives.
- Engage in coaching and career planning with members of your team.
We would love if you...
- Have several years’ experience of senior responsibility, developing and shipping larger game projects.
- Have a master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent training or experience.
- Have a genuine interest in game development and a curiosity for the games industry.
- Have good understanding of C++, including refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing.
- Have knowledge of asynchronous and multithreaded application development and architecture.
- Have experience in profiling and low-level optimizations.
- Know how to follow software engineering principles and other best practices in your craft.
- Are used to working in an international environment and to express yourself fluently in English.
Apply to make it yours!
Read more about us at: https://stockholm.ubisoft.com/
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.