- Montreal, QC, Canada
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
Joining our IT department, you’ll be a User Experience Designer handling the user experience of web products. You’ll work on microsites, landing pages, web apps, and full-scale platforms.
Our team, Customer & Marketing Solutions creates solutions to offer an amazing end-user experience to players. We also build critical solutions internally.
In this role, you will lead the design process. You’ll have a positive impact on millions of users, by using your passion for building and optimizing web applications with the goal of creating a rich and fluid interaction for our gamers.
- Design logic, layout and flow the dashboard design, layout and flow of the user interface based on information architecture and accessibility principles;
- Create models that illustrate how user segments interact with each web product;
- Advise and collaborate with teams to determine the best controls and inputs to support product features for a fluid and consistent user experience;
- Create functional prototypes for rapid iterations on key elements;
- Implement an optimal interface layout plan;
- Ensure that the interface arrangement accounts for localization constraints;
- Perform UX analysis and usability tests per each web product;
- Analyze and present users’ behavioural segmentation to product stakeholders, and detail it to guide design decisions;
- Accounts for user feedback and the efficient use of user research services to optimize the product experience.
- Relevant experience as a UX designer and an ability to align business goals with users’ expectations in a personalized product experience;
- Excellent knowledge of online UX design principles, best practices, methodologies and professional web standards in an Agile environment;
- Excellent skills of various wires framing and prototyping tools;
- Good knowledge of aesthetics and style elements, cross browser, cross platform, cross device compatibility;
- Good knowledge of usability tests methods and processes with the ability to handle multiple, overlapping, and potentially conflicting priorities;
- Proven interpersonal communication skills in French and English, spoken and written.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.