Back-end Developer (F/H/NB) - CDD de 3 mois
- 94160 Saint-Mandé, France
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
The Ubisoft Strategic Innovation Lab is a “think & do tank” reporting directly to Ubisoft’s CEO, Yves Guillemot. Its mission is to prepare Ubisoft to the future of entertainment by exploring social and technical changes to keep the pace of innovation of the gaming industry. To investigate and build the future, the Lab links foresight researches to quick prototyping and deeper exploration when needed.
Convinced that a multidisciplinary team is best suited to dig into medium term and long-term trends, the Lab brings together various profiles such as neuroscientist, sociologist, philosopher, marketing experts, engineer, developers, tech artist, dev ops…
In 2019 one of the Lab’s deep explorations was at the origin of the Blockchain Initiative, a team dedicated to look for blockchain opportunities for Ubisoft and the gaming industry at large. Our mission is to build internal solution, prototypes and products. The B.I. is also working closely with the blockchain ecosystem, thanks to the Ubisoft Entrepreneurs Lab program, a startup incubator in Paris, allowing us to co-create innovative experiences based on startups’ technology or products.
As a backend programmer you will be involved in the development of prototypes, products or services within the blockchain initiative. You will not only collaborate with blockchain programmers, but also with the creatives of the team (UX, Game designers, artist), the Lab at large on various topic, and other department and production within Ubisoft. Your missions:
- Develop backend solutions according to the team’s roadmap
- Explore new solutions to solve specific problems linked to Web3 architecture
- Provide support to team members and programmers from other working units whenever required
- Put your creative mind at work to contribute to innovative prototypes and products
- Share your vision of the future of the web
- In depth knowledge of backend systems programming, C/C++, Go or Rust
- Experienced in RESTful API and GraphQL API implementation
- Experience designing and implementing database schemas
- Knowledge of development tools like Git, NPM, Yarn, Docker
- Knowledge in Web3, Solidity is a plus
- Open to explore new frontiers such as Web3, blockchain, and other innovative technology
- Ability to work as part of team with good communication & interpersonal skills
- Very good problem solving& troubleshooting skills
- Attention to details
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Good English skills
The job is located in Saint-Mandé within the international HQ.
En tant qu’employeur, Ubisoft offre à tous les mêmes opportunités d’accès à l’emploi sans distinction de genre, ethnicité, religion, orientation sexuelle, statut social, handicap et d’âge. Ubisoft veille à développer un environnement de travail inclusif qui reflète la diversité de sa communauté de joueurs dans ses équipes