Senior AI Game Designer [Star Wars Project]
- Malmö, Sweden
We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
We're looking for an experienced AI focused Game Designer to help us create a wide range of enemies and non-hostile NPCs on our latest Star Wars project. You'll join an already experienced team, the core of which shipped The Division 2 together, and a few new stars that have joined since we announced. In this role, you will have a major impact on one of the most loved IPs out there.
This would be a full-time permanent position at our new studio in Malmö Sweden, although you are offered the opportunity to WFH 2 days/week. Please apply in English (it's our company language), and we'll review your application whilst the job ad's still posted.
What you'll do:
- Designing enemy archetypes as well as creatures and non-hostile characters;
- Collaborating with developers to define and realize the combat core loop;
- Taking NPCs from design to release quality and implementation;
- You'll work in-engine; tweaking, scripting, and tuning features, and helping define what tools you need to do so;
- Maintaining and evolving the overall gameplay vision together with the Game Director, Lead Game Designer, and the rest of the Design Team.
What you'll bring:
You are passionate about games, game-dev, and the craft of game design. You're proactive and offer creative solutions in the pursuit of your clearly defined goals. You should also be comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team, where you can each utilize your niche expertise to achieve a higher quality together.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Experience working with enemy AI/NPCs, ideally on a story-driven open-world game;
- Several years proven work experience within AAA development;
- As a Senior you should also have experience mentoring your junior colleagues and driving feature development;
- Knowledge of an iterative development process and rapid prototyping;
- Working knowledge with node-based tools/game engines.
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 650 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.