VR Game Designer (Comfort) - [Assassin's Creed VR] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Assassin's Creed VR", "Splinter Cell VR" and many more.
Join today to shape the future of VR. We are adding to an established team to work on an exciting new Assassin’s Creed VR project. You will work on the Oculus platform, on one of Ubisoft’s most iconic and legendary IP’s on a multi-studio project across the globe, and with the budget of AAA production.
We are looking for a senior comfort VR game designer to work in our Comfort Team to imagine the future ways of enjoying VR
- Design and prototype proven and innovative game systems for VR Comfort and Accessibility
- Ensure the implementation of desired features into actual gameplay and settings, while maintaining the quality and balance between multiple gameplay systems
- Create and maintain design documentation, including feature specification and implementation guidelines
- Contribute to the handling, gameplay, mechanics and interface setup
- Analyze and audit gameplay systems
- Prepare guidelines and consult other teams with a focus on design for VR Comfort and Accessibility
- Collaborate and communicate in a large co-dev project with diverse disciplines (Programmers, Designers, UI/UX, User Research, QA, etc.)
- Prioritize and meet deadlines, document and communicate progress, participate in meetings.
- Implement, balance and bug fix gameplay features, overseeing them from concept to final implementation
- Prepare testing/research environments, help test designs and iterate on the design
- Previous experience in VR design with a focus on Comfort and/or Accessibility
- Strong human-centered design skills and ability to analyze gameplay systems with critical judgment
- Understanding of VR game design principles, Cognitive psychology, Ergonomics principles, Accessibility and UX
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively on a large co-dev project with team members of different disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively document and communicate ideas and concepts;
- Task driven, good time management and problem-solving skills, as well as strong analysis and communication skills
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
- Great communication skills, a positive attitude & a team player
Bonus (but optional)
- Experience working with Unity
- Experience conducting user-tests or collaborating with User research
- Experience working with Jira, Confluence and within Agile/Scrum Organizational Environment
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Development Support: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, paid self-study hours and library.
- Free English and German; The business language in the studio is English. No German is required to work with us.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Gym Subsidy
- Monthly Travel Budget
- Discounted Ubisoft Games
- & more
Living in Düsseldorf
Düsseldorf is a very international city close to the border of Germany famous for it's Japanese culture. With a Japanese gardens, "Little Tokyo" area for Asian cuisine and celebrating Japan Day along the River Rhine each year. Art Galleries and Museums can be found as well as the "Old City" - a lively area of bars and restaurants amongst traditional German architecture. Two hours from Paris, Amsterdam, the UK and Hamburg - an excellent location to explore Europe even on a weekend. A large Deer park offers a natural sanctuary for those needing a break from the city life. More rural and suburban areas surround the city for those looking for a more relaxed pace.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application must include your resume, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, motivation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.