R&D Backend Programmer - [Unannounced Project]
- Bucharest, Romania
At Ubisoft Bucharest, we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on projects that shape the entertainment industry. From Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and many others – join us in creating the next big titles in gaming.
Your life at Ubi
Powerful cloud technologies have unlocked unlimited opportunities for us, as world creators. More compute resources mean new avenues to create games and unleash our creativity, to bring new, one-of-a-kind experiences to our players. We are therefore looking for a Backend Programmer to join our Online Team and take part in a pioneering Unannounced Project that will be the cornerstone of this ambition, designed to change the way games are designed, crafted, and played.
Your focus as a Backend Programmer will be on bleeding edge online tech, where you will be working on iterations primarily in C++, but with the opportunity to also leverage your skills in other programming languages as well, like Go and Rust, while developing and maintaining online microservices. You will have the chance to work with both off the shelf components and, also, large amounts of custom “secret sauce” to help achieve (and even go beyond) our hyperscale goals.
As we work in cross-functional teams within the project, you will be interacting with people from many other disciplines and follow agile methodologies to drive your work forward and to contribute to the creation of distributed systems with thousands of nodes spread around the world.
Your main mission
• Follow briefs and directions to identify and define technical solutions for bleeding-edge online features;
• Ensure that new features and systems meet high-performance requirements and match the project’s C++ code style;
• Analyze and solve bugs identified by people from other crafts, development testers or you and your peers;
• Document your work to share knowledge on how to use the new systems and functionalities;
• Contribute to planning sessions and code reviews with your peers.
The professional value you bring:
- Understanding and professional experience of working with modern C++, including package management, refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing;
- Professional experience working with cloud service providers such as Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure;
- Knowledge and interest in DevOps, focused on automation and containerization
- Previous experience in profiling and low-level optimizations.
The personal value you bring:
- A genuine interest in creating scalable online systems that can serve millions of players;
- You are comfortable with working in an international environment;
- Great communication skills in English.
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance, and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
The Production Team is very diverse in specialties, and this makes all the magic happen. Together, they create amazing worlds that take entertainment to the next level.