Human Resources Business partner
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
As a human resources partner, you will assume an advisory role with Ubisoft HQ managers and employees to promote optimal human resources management as well as the maintenance of a work climate conducive to team development and achieving objectives.
- Accompany managers in the application of Human Resources strategies in order to create an innovative and participative work environment;
- Analyze available HR data with an understanding of the business issues and help managers translate them into action plans;
- Act as a facilitator in the management of change and ensure an adequate communication flow of information from management;
- Coach and support managers on the various aspects of the daily management of their teams by ensuring compliance of HR practices with employment legislation;
- Deploy, communicate and apply global compensation practices within the teams as well as participate in the annual salary review process while coordinating with managers on performance evaluation;
- Intervene in the resolution of complex problems and propose proactive approaches as well as possible solutions to management issues;
- Contribute to the team development plan and promote the continuous development and career evolution of team members;
- Facilitate the integration of new employees into the teams and the experience of the employees in the field;
- Participate, with managers, in developing a sense of belonging and improving team cohesion;
- Participate in the planning, development, strategy, implementation and evaluation of training programs and activities that meet the needs of employees.
- Strong demonstrated experience as a Human Resources generalist in a company with international reach;
- Proficient in problem solving, conflict management and quick decision making;
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders while being customer focused;
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and demonstrate creativity, initiative and innovation in proposed solutions;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, bilingualism in written and spoken French and English required.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.