UI Programmer [Anno] (f/m/d)
- Mainz, Germany
- Flexible Working Organization: To be discussed
About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.
Anno is a critically acclaimed and award-winning franchise, offering a rich city-building experience and providing players ample opportunity to create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistics networks, explore and settle new lands and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade or warfare.
As a UI Programmer on the Anno team, you create, analyze and maintain the technical side of User Interface. This includes the implementation of systemic and extendable solutions, as well as a close collaboration with UI and UX Designers.
In this interdisciplinary role between UI Programming, Tools Programming and Gameplay Programming, you need a deep understanding of design principles to create modules and components that are maintainable, reusable, highly functional as well as intuitive and easy to use. Thanks to your ability to quickly understand and analyze game design documents and gameplay code, you create lightweight, easy maintainable and scalable front-end code that will help us deliver an outstanding user experience.
What you will do:
- Take ownership of the entire UI toolchain in order to understand, extend and maintain it
- Design and implement debugging tools, write documentation and support the daily work of the UI department
- Observe and improve workflows for UI designers and assess UI data for technical issues and potential pitfalls
- Act as a consultant for any technical UI related questions and support programmers as well as UI designers with the implementation of new menus and components
What you bring:
- Passion for playing and making games, good knowledge of the games industry in general
- Profound C/C++ programming skills, with very good knowledge of object oriented development
- Self-motivated and pro-active attitude with a strong work ethic
- Excellent oral and written communication and collaboration skills in English
- Excellent knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns as well as the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind
- Ability to analyze unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module
- Innovative drive and creativity to work on new ideas and features for the game
- Great teamwork skills and motivated to make designer's and programmer's life easier
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/