Backend Developer – Ubisoft Engineering & Platform (F/M/NB)
- Paris, France
- Employees can work remotely
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving gamechanging challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
In this role, you’ll be joining the Engineering and Platform team which is the creative powerhouse behind Ubisoft’s IT platform: a one-stop destination, offering teams access to services for leveraging cloud and infrastructure in a uniform, self-serve way. We rely on modern infrastructure, leveraging Kubernetes at its core and pushing its boundaries to host platform services in multiple variations.
From a software service standpoint, our focus is currently on authentication, authorization, API Gateway, Secret Manager, SDK, service mesh, and database – with much more to come. If you want to be able to work on services from A to Z with the capacity to push forward beautifully written code, this is the team for you.
- Design and develop micro-services, large-scale web services and APIs for PaaS;
- Produce clean, efficient code based on a straightforward development process aiming at reusable, optimal, maintainable solutions as per best practices and modern architecture;
- Work alongside teammates to contribute to architecture requirements and design all while creating technical documentation with an emphasis on quality driven deliverables;
- Work alongside operations team to ensure the support of developed applications in all environments - Identifing and troubleshooting system deficiencies and recommending solutions;
- Enhance build and development tooling and improve things like CI/CD pipelines, as well as code reviews and testing;
- Stay up to date on new technologies in the online services, Open-Source communities and general technology while foster knowledge-sharing.
As part of this team, the stack you’ll be able to touch includes: Python, Flask, Go, Terraform, AWS, OpenStack, Kubernetes, Docker, OPA, GitLabCI. Keep in mind that we will help you acquire these skillsets if you don’t have all of them!
- Solid experience developing large-scale software based on engineering / development best practices;
- Experience working with APIS REST, gRPC, etc. using integrating and developing them;
- Experience in Agile Development / SCRUM with distributed teams – this team is an international team;
- Experience working with DevOps philosophy, having worked with CI/CD pipeline with gitlab CI, Spinnaker or similar;
- Experience with Terraform, Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes;
- English is mandatory, the team is distributed between Montreal, Paris and San Francisco.
If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.