Associate Producer (f/m/d)
- Berlin, Germany
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
Founded in 2018, Ubisoft Berlin has steadily grown to over 150 talented game developers. We collaborate on Far Cry 6 alongside international Ubisoft teams, and are also working on Skull & Bones – those are just two of our slate of projects, the others still to be announced.
We take an ambitious but humble approach to our goal of bringing AAA development to Germany. We commit ourselves to excellence: delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that make our players feel part of the worlds we have created.
We encourage real ownership within our teams – giving lots of trust and space for them to explore their creativity. The ultimate goal being to leave a positive mark in the lives of our players and the industry of a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and exciting cities in the world!
As an Associate Producer, you will report to the local Producer or Production Director and implement best processes, methods and tools to deliver a quality mandate in time and using the resources that were allocated. Together with the team you secure the advancement of the work and attainment of production objectives. You effectively manage development team members and support them to remain firmly committed and highly motivated. The project is led by another studio, but the mandate and its execution are owned locally.
Further responsibilities include:
- Together with the team and the Producer/Production Director, build and maintain a roadmap for the whole mandate
- Identify risks, communicate mitigation strategy and propose/implement contingency plans to stay aligned with the roadmap
- Help respective cross-functional teams to improve their internal agile processes and help drive greater efficiency both internally and externally with stakeholders
- Establish and maintain a healthy team spirit with open communication, constructive feedback culture, easy and lean processes and realistic goals
- Establish and foster a healthy work relationship with the lead studio
- Ensure proper bug management (reports, priorities, test procedures, etc.) together with local QA
- Support and enable the team on a day to day basis (e.g. with running daily stand ups and sprint planning / retrospective / review sessions where required)
- Regular monitoring, tracking and updating of progress via project management tools
- Determine project needs in terms of acquisitions (software, material, etc.)
- Identify staffing needs preemptively, lead or support hiring process for the team in line with mandate and studio- long-term needs
- Lead Project Coordinators and/or Project Assistants as well as QA
- Carry out the performance assessments and growth plan for direct reports
- Provide coverage for Production Director or Producer where necessary
What you'll bring
- Shipped at least one AAA title either on PC and/or console from start to end in Production role
- Experienced leader for your team with a servant leadership mindset and helping to unleash the full potential of each and every member of your team
- Experience in building and leading high performing teams
- Problem-solver with good analytical, technical and project management skills
- Structured collaborator who understands the importance of clear communication
- Results focused and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Change management knowledge
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong ability to collaborate with multiple international teams
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies (Agile, Lean, DevOps, etc.) and tools (Jira, Confluence) in game development
- Excellent knowledge of issue and project management software (e.g. Jira) and other task tracking tools
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft suite e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills in English
- Willing to relocate to Berlin, Germany
We aim to have a wide and diverse range of profiles within our studio; thus, we are looking forward to being surprised by your application. The most important quality for us is to be a strong team player with a resilient and positive attitude.
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels at home. We believe people do their best work when you give them ownership and trust. In return, we expect our teams to practice self-responsibility – continuing to develop their skills and with a growth mindset. We know how critical it is for our teams to feel comfortable and with that in mind, we provide a variety of benefits which we hope helps you settle into your life in Berlin:
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get approximately 10 bank holidays in the Berlin region.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, experts and in-house library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check bluebyte.de and berlin.ubisoft.com