Online Programmer (F/M/NB)
- Bordeaux, France
- Employees can work remotely
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving gamechanging challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Ubisoft Bordeaux works with passion on the biggest AAA's and aims to offer the best gaming experiences for our players. Today, our studio counts more than 270 talents from 15 different nationalities and is working on licenses such as Assassin’s Creed, Rainbow Six, Beyond Good & Evil 2, but also on mobile games, as well as exciting technologies with Harbour team, our Ubisoft's online service group, and the Streaming team.
Our team dedicated to mobile & cross-platform games seeks an Online Programmer to join the production of a mobile AAA project based on a well-known Ubisoft licence.
Under the responsibility of the Lead Programmer, your main missions will be to:
- Participate in the development of the project's online functionalities: network, servers, gameplay abstraction, synchronisation algorithm, etc.;
- Design and implement solutions that meet the production teams' various needs;
- Ensure regular, operational monitoring of these various solutions with the contacts concerned;
- Foster dialogue and the sharing of expertise between the project teams;
- Ensure technical competitive intelligence and constantly drive in novation.
- A solid experience in a similar position, and ideally the development of several games to your name;
- You are fully proficient in C#, possibly in the .NET Core environment;
- You have solid knowledge of distributed systems and online services (AWS, Azure, etc.);
- You are familiar with SQL and/or NoSQL databases;
- You are keenly interested in the issues surrounding automation and monitoring;
- You are self-sufficient and not afraid to explore the code;
- You are meticulous, responsive and teamwork-oriented.
- Phone Interview with our Tech Recruiter
- Interview with the Lead Programmer and the Ass. Lead Gameplay Programmer
- Interview with the Project Coordinator and Associate Producer
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer.
According to the sanitary measures related to COVID-19, all interviews will be held by visioconference and every employee can partially work from home.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.