Communications Intern (f/m/d)
- Berlin, Germany
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
Founded in 2018, Ubisoft Berlin has steadily grown to over 150 talented game developers. We collaborate on Far Cry 6 alongside international Ubisoft teams, and are also working on Skull & Bones – those are just two of our slate of projects, the others still to be announced.
We take an ambitious but humble approach to our goal of bringing AAA development to Germany. We commit ourselves to excellence: delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that make our players feel part of the worlds we have created.
We encourage real ownership within our teams – giving lots of trust and space for them to explore their creativity. The ultimate goal being to leave a positive mark in the lives of our players and the industry of a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and exciting cities in the world!
The Communications Team oversees all internal and external studio communication from social media management, to the running of studio update events and internal platforms. Special care lies in fostering studio culture as well as sharing content within our global Ubisoft network and our audience of game developers.
As Communications Intern on our team, you will be entrusted with the internal and external communication of Ubisoft Berlin. Supporting our Studio Communications Manager, you will be mainly in charge of our studio’s group and social media channels, conceptualize and create content (e.g. videos, podcasts, live-streams) and actively engage with our audience of developers. You will also be able to shape the unique studio culture by organizing events. Your organisational skills and creative input will contribute to the studio’s innovative and fun marketing and communication strategies.
[This position will be a paid internship, lasting 6 months]
What you will do:
- Support our Studio Communications Manager with daily tasks and assume responsibility for smaller projects
- Conceptualise, create and manage content for our studio’s internal and external communication to help shape the local key messaging
- Execute local communication campaigns and media alerts
- Coordinate studio events, local studio meetings and support the transversal team with the implementation of cross-studio meetings
- Monitor, respond and engage with our studio’s followers as well as the employees on internal communications channels
What you bring:
- Degree or majoring in communications, journalism, marketing or similar
- Communication and/or marketing experience
- Good understanding of content creation processes, communication practices and social media
- Ability to quickly learn and master new tools, software and techniques
- Autonomous and solution-orientated method of operation combined with good organizational skills
- Good knowledge of the gaming industry, its communities and influencers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Passion for video games
- Team player with a positive attitude and a superior motivation to create high-quality content
* Experience with live streaming technologies and platforms is a plus
* German skills are a plus
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date and why you would like to join us
- Please feel free to send us samples of your work (attach files or send us a link to your demo reel or online portfolio)
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels at home. We believe people do their best work when you give them ownership and trust. In return, we expect our teams to practice self-responsibility – continuing to develop their skills and with a growth mindset. We know how critical it is for our teams to feel comfortable and with that in mind, we provide a variety of benefits which we hope helps you settle into your life in Berlin:
- 20 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get approximately 10 bank holidays in the Berlin region.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, experts and in-house library.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check bluebyte.de and berlin.ubisoft.com