Senior UI Artist [Skull & Bones] (f/m/d)
- Berlin, Germany
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
Founded in 2018, Ubisoft Berlin has steadily grown to over 150 talented game developers. We collaborate on Far Cry 6 alongside international Ubisoft teams, and are also working on Skull & Bones – those are just two of our slate of projects, the others still to be announced.
We take an ambitious but humble approach to our goal of bringing AAA development to Germany. We commit ourselves to excellence: delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that make our players feel part of the worlds we have created.
We encourage real ownership within our teams – giving lots of trust and space for them to explore their creativity. The ultimate goal being to leave a positive mark in the lives of our players and the industry of a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and exciting cities in the world!
The UI Artist will be working closely with the game director, lead UX and lead UI artist to design the look and feel of the User Interface in our games as well as helping to establish the usability strategies. Additionally, the UI Artist, in collaboration with the game designers and the programmers, will be responsible for conceiving, prototyping, and producing user interface assets, participating to their implementation into the game.
What you will do
- Translate gameplay high-level ideas and UX vision into visual functional UI designs.
- Deliver high quality UI Art in line with the vision of the game and implement into the game engine.
- Define usability strategies and create compelling visual UI through prototyping, wireframes, graphics and animation.
- Communicate ideas & concepts with international teams and stakeholders both locally and internationally.
- Create convincing UI animations to drive player’s attention and offer guidance.
What you bring
- Shipped at least 1 AAA title as a UI Artist to have a good understanding of game production constraints.
- Experience in working with large scale teams.
- Skills in visual communication (graphic design, iconography, typography, animation).
- Proficiency in conceptualizing, presenting, and executing ideas.
- Technical and artistic problem solving.
- A good understanding of the fundamentals of user experience approach.
- A profound knowledge of the full pipeline for getting UI assets into a game engine.
- Expertise in creating multiplatform compatible UI assets.
- Have a strong understanding of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Familiarity with After Effects and motion design principles.
- Pro-activity, self-motivation, and organization.
- Ability to guide and mentor Junior Artists.
Bonus points for:
- Previous experience in Usability, familiar with Prototyping and related tools such as Adobe XD, Axure, Figma, etc..
- Strong compositing skills, experiences with video editing tools (After Effects, Premiere, etc.) and ability to integrate motion graphics or videos in UI design.
We aim to have a wide and diverse range of profiles within our studio; thus, we are looking forward to being surprised by your application. We are looking for a strong team player with a resilient and positive attitude.
Let us see your skill
Please make sure to attach your portfolio with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios should contain a detailed breakdown of the work. We need to know what you are responsible for in your reel, screenshots, scanned pictures, web page portfolio, etc.
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels at home. We believe people do their best work when you give them ownership and trust. In return, we expect our teams to practice self-responsibility – continuing to develop their skills and with a growth mindset. We know how critical it is for our teams to feel comfortable and with that in mind, we provide a variety of benefits which we hope helps you settle into your life in Berlin:
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get approximately 10 bank holidays in the Berlin region.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, experts and in-house library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check bluebyte.de and berlin.ubisoft.com