Game Economy Designer
- Barcelona, Spain
THE WORLD OF UBISOFT
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 55 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where bothplayers and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile brings together dedicated, experienced professionals focused on crafting high-quality F2P games for mobile. We strongly believe in the core values at the centre of our Ubilife, which encourage us to take ownership of our work, continually striving for excellence while promoting the sharing of knowledge across individuals and teams, without losing our sense of enjoyment and fun, or our respect and care for one another.
Do you want to join us in the world of mobile gaming? If so, read on!
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
- Design, prototype and champion the economic systems to drive players to invest in our game economy (in- game, across multiple platforms and on-line services).
- Recommend rewards and monetization game features to create an economic system to fulfill player needs.
- Contribute to game features/systems design that compel and re-engage players.
- Collaborate with game designers on new game features to maximize short and long-term player satisfaction, and provide for monetization opportunities.
- Manage the economy and pricing of virtual goods; balance free content vs. paid currency in the game economy.
- Balance customer experience and revenue opportunity for in-game currency and virtual goods.
- Drive new initiatives for monetizing and rewarding the customer base.
- Create a fun, engaging and outstanding player experience.
- You will join an international team, reporting to the Lead Game Designer.
Are you serious about fun? Do you consistently seek out learning opportunities and aim to beat your high score? Are you open to new ideas, perspectives and cultures and believe that it takes a world to build a world? At Ubisoft, you’ll work alongside passionate and talented teams who are imagining the future of entertainment.
- Proven experience on social/MMO/F2P games.
- Knowledge of F2P mobile market, staying up to date on industry trends, key competitors and best practices.
- Knowledge of game design, balancing, pacing & monetization strategies for F2P games.
- Skillful at complex Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience with data analysis.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to meet changing priorities on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Be a team player: we use agile development methods, where the team members are in permanent contact. Open mind and good communication skills are a must.
- Attention to detail, meticulous and organized working habits. Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change.
- Have a good command of English.
- Videogames design degree or equivalent.
- Experience with mobile game development.
YOUR LIFE AT UBISOFT BARCELONA MOBILE (and PERKS)
- 25 vacation days per year + day off in your Ubi-Birthday.
- Flexible Working Hours & Working from Home policy.
- Reduced schedule on August, Easter, Christmas and special dates such Sant Jordi and Sant Joan.
- Flexible compensation with Ticket Restaurant.
- Mobile device grant based on seniority.
- Cigna private Health insurance.
- Physiotherapist special rates in the office.
- Professional development programs and tickets to international events.
- English, Spanish and French free lessons in the studio.
- Great discounts in our games.
- Gym special rates and discounts in other services.
- Nespresso coffee, organic fruit and other beverages.
- Company parties and events.
- Friday’s beers.
- Relocation Package (when needed).
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender sexual orientation, age or disability status.