Associate Frontline Program Manager
- Montreal, QC, Canada
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
What you’ll do
As the Associate Frontline Program Manager, for the Frontline team, you will play a key role in facilitating live operations aspects surrounding the launch of a customer-facing product or service and worldwide communications with various teams such as Community Development, Customer Support, esports, Customer Experience, Accessibility, Knowledge Management and Program Management.
With a team of specialists, you collaborate with numerous people to maximize Ubisoft player satisfaction.
You are dynamic, organized with a customer-first perspective and a good understanding of customer experience and business communication.
Attend various Frontline Programs
- Support the Senior Frontline Program Manager with day to day operations such as writing and reviewing notes, planning and attending meetings or gathering information.
- Support the Senior Frontline Program Manager drive the operations for the assigned Frontline programs in a structured and clear manner.
- Participate to core program activities and assist the Senior Frontline Program Manager with various documentation (RACI, risk management plan, communication plan, process management, business update reviews, roadmaps and schedules, KPIs, program nomenclature, governance documentation, program status updates, etc.).
- Maintain accuracy of dashboards, documentation and communications as information is updated.
- Actively process updates, outcomes, open issues and help define player impact and next steps.
- Serve as an information conduit. Ensure ongoing visibility of program information across program stakeholders through all defined channels.
- Facilitate collaboration among and engage cross-geographical and functional teams.
- Build and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with collaborators.
What you bring
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience in project management and/or in a management position.
- Sense of priority and adaptability.
- A demonstrated ability to coordinate projects and work cross-functionally as a team to complete ongoing tasks and projects.
- A willingness to constantly learn.
Nice to have:
- PMP and/or other professional project management certifications is a plus.
- Experience with documentation and management tools is a plus (Sharepoint / Confluence / Jira).
- Experience presenting as a speaker.
- Have a basic understanding of the games industry and its products.
What to send our way
Your CV, your expertise and/or related experience and skills
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.