- Montreal, Canada
Ubisoft Montréal is looking for a Technical Writer.
At Ubisoft Montréal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montréal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montréal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor, and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
The Technical Writer is a professional copywriter who designs, creates and maintains technical documentation. This position requires strong organizational skills and has a keen eye for investigating any irregularities. The candidate covets accuracy, precision, and research of detail.
As a technical writer, you will work closely with our marketing, monetization, and presentation teams to create accessible and sellable texts. This post is used to create and edit any content in the game, especially News, Events, Menus, and Game Modes.
The main and routine tasks of the Technical Writer are to:
- Develop and maintain installation, configuration, how-to documentation, and standard operating procedures;
- Manage the documentation process, including the creation, edition, versioning, proofreading and publishing of documentation;
- Define documentation standards;
- Manage the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) process;
- Complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology;
- Combine text with supporting visual elements in order to present complex information in a manner that can be easily understood by the target audience;
- Interview IT staff to become familiar with the technologies, products, and processes that will be documented;
- Carry out all related tasks;
Diploma of College Studies in Technical Writing, Editing, or Literature.
Minimum one year as a Technical Writer, Copywriter, or other relevant experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong communication skills;
- Understanding of FPS game design fundamentals;
- Ability to collaborate and react quickly to feedback.
*All chosen candidates will need to provide a writing sample.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.