UI Product Specialist (Technology Group)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
At the Technology Group (TG), we provide tools, middleware, and services adapted to the needs of Ubisoft game production teams. Be it front-end or back-end solutions, tools, or expertise, we support our productions throughout their life cycle. Through collaboration and innovation, we contribute to boosting the efficiency of pipelines and the development of products to deliver quality games to millions of players worldwide. Exploring ideas, experimenting with new technologies, and implementing stable ones are part of our daily life.
As a Product Specialist, you’ll help define and provide production teams across Ubisoft with user interface solutions developed by the TG to create and integrate game UI content.
You’ll foster relationships with a host of team members in the UI community, particularly programmers, artists, and designers, acting as a go-to person for guidance and assistance. Always in tune with the user community, you’ll have visibility on their workflows and needs.
With in-depth knowledge of the products under your responsibility, you’ll offer the UI community tools that reflect their reality and allow them to realize the artistic vision in our games.
You’ll educate and support productions to ensure that the tools at their disposal are understood and used to their full potential. Plus, you’ll bring your unique perspective to evolve the UI domain for the long term.
What you’ll do
In a role that touches on training, design, and product management, you’ll:
- Act as a primary contact person and subject matter expert on TG UI tools: help UI teams use the products at their disposal, guide them toward optimal workflows, triage issues, etc.
- Partner with product managers and other specialists to establish product roadmap, strategy, and long-term vision.
- Create training content, like product tutorials and documentation.
- Keep in close contact with the UI community across Ubisoft, communicating to gather and assess their feedback, share updates, etc.
- Coordinate with programming teams to design and develop features aligned with the UI community’s needs + follow up on progress.
- Stay up to date on UI tools and techniques in the video game industry.
- Explore and identify opportunities to continuously improve products and processes.
What you bring
- Experience in project or product management (or other relevant experience)
- Familiarity with UI tools (knowledge of game engines like Unity & Unreal, a plus)
- An attentive and client-oriented mindset + a sense of initiative
- The ability to gain a deep understanding of your collaborators’ needs to meet them in the best possible way
- Solid communication skills and the capacity to build rapport and trust
- Plenty of flexibility in your work to balance the planned and the unexpected
- Synthesis skills that allow you to evaluate products and suggest improvements
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Laurence. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.