Datawarehouse Specialist - SQL
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
The IT Department of Ubisoft is currently seeking a Datawarehouse Specialist to support and maintain our Enterprise Data Warehouse and Analytics solutions. You will be responsible for supporting and improving the extract, transform, and load the process into our data warehouse using ETL tools (Informatica and Teradata), and troubleshooting batch problems.
- Ensure 3rd level support for the ETL processes developed in Enterprise Data Warehouse - monitor the hourly, daily, monthly batches, troubleshoot and fix issues;
- Monitor existing data quality indicators adjust, improve and create new indicators;
- Maintain and improve the ETL jobs and related Data Warehouse models and objects;
- Adapt ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements;
- Provide technical assistance for support requests;
- Identify long-term solutions, propose and suggest the most suitable alternatives;
- Create and update technical documentation;
- Be aware of technical best practices by regularly reading research & websites, participating in relevant communities and following relevant training.
- Demonstrated experience in the BI Domain, with things like data warehouse solutions, ETL tools and databases – Teradata, SQL, Oracle, Informatica, DataStage, Oracle Warehouse Builder;
- Strong experience with SQL queries, being able to troubleshoot existing queries, develop new queries and enhance existing pipelines;
- An analytical mindset able to solve problems as well of being able to prioritize your work, take initiative and propose ways of doing things;
- Knowledge of scripting – Python, Shell as well as APIS is a major plus;
- Experience with reporting and analytic presentation tools and technologies such as MicroStrategy or Tableau, an asset;
- Good communications skills, with oral and written command of English and French.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.