VFX Artist - [Assassin's Creed VR] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of video games worldwide with a network of over 44 locations. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Assassin's Creed VR”, "Splinter Cell VR" and many more.
As VFX Artist for the Assassin’s Creed VR team you will be passionate about creating high-quality visual effects that are in-line with the creative direction of the game universe and adhere to any technological budget constraints. In order to give our players an unforgettable experience you’ll use your understanding of the impact that VFX has and how to smoothly integrate it. You will be a part of a diverse team in a passionate, fun and creative workplace an, together, maxamise your potential as a team whilst you strive for excellence.
- As part of one of our cutting-edge AAA VR projects, you’ll be ignited with a passion to research and develop new VFX solutions both visually and technically
- Together with the technical art team, you’ll investigate and develop optimised VFX solutions to achieve the highest quality level within the limitations of the platform and project.
What you’ll bring
- 3 years of VFX experience, having shipped at least 1 title
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with Houdini
- Experience optimising VFX for mobile platform preferred
- Your communication skills are excellent; you can clearly explain and document concepts, give feedback to internal artists and are fluent in English both written and verbally.
You as a person
- You’ll integrate well into a fun, passionate and driven team
- You find it easy to collaborate with other departments and be a bridge between your areas of expertise to enrich gameplay, accessibility and the player experience
- You are organised and like to bring new ideas to the table
Please include a link to your portfolio with your application and ensure the link is still valid.
Looking to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace with a great work life balance? In our open, international and friendly environment you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Our state of the art studio will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences that will stay with the players.
Living in Düsseldorf
Düsseldorf is a very multi-national city close to the border of Germany famous for its Japanese culture. A Japanese gardens, "Little Tokyo" area for Asian cuisine, and celebrating Japan Day along the River Rhine are a part of it's charm. Art Galleries and Museums can be found as well as the "Old City" - a lively area of bars and restaurants amongst traditional German architecture.
Two hours from Paris, Amsterdam, the UK & Hamburg - an excellent location to explore Europe even on a weekend. Nature parks offer a sanctuary for those needing a break from city life. More suburban areas surround the city for those looking for a more relaxed pace.
For more information here: Studio Life & Düsseldorf
- Relocation Assistance provided
- Flexible work hours
- Monthly travel budget
- 26 days holiday, 11 days public holidays, 5 Care for your Sick Child days (all paid)
- Health Insurance (50% contribution paid by Ubisoft) and paid sick days
- Pension Scheme
- Gym subsidy
- Monthly childcare budget
- Discounted games & more
Diveristy & Inclusion: (f/m/d = female, male, diverse) At Ubisoft we foster an inclusive environment. All applications are welcome!