Senior C++ Programmer [Ubisoft Connect PC & Access] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
About Ubisoft Düsseldorf:
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies. The studio is leading the development of beloved Ubisoft games like The Settlers and the innovative VR escape room experience Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As renowned co-developers within the Ubisoft group, Ubisoft Düsseldorf contributes to high profile projects such as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and Ubisoft Connect. Ubisoft Düsseldorf is part of the Ubisoft Blue Byte studio network.
About Ubisoft Connect
At Ubisoft Connect, a division of Ubisoft, you’ll help bring millions of players closer than ever to the games they love.
Together with your colleagues, you'll collaborate with AAA production teams to build critical online and interface tools that enhance players' experiences and connect them to their communities. From exclusive rewards to social sharing features, you and your team of fellow innovators will bring about impactful technological advancements regularly.
Joining Ubisoft Connect means joining a team of passionate, extraordinary people driven by a common desire to innovate and create. Not only will you work across a variety of platforms, but you’ll have access to some of the most cutting-edge technologies currently available. You’ll also enjoy career advancement opportunities, a supportive and inclusive learning environment, and a competitive compensation package.
Located in Düsseldorf, we offer a work environment unique in the industry; one that will help refine your abilities while simultaneously developing a unified vision of the online services that power our games.
What you will do
You will help us create the fundamental frameworks that we build our features on, by contributing to architectural decisions and developing base libraries, plugin frameworks, multithreading, message exchange system, process management, API programming and more.
You will be using a variety of technologies and programming languages, including but not limited to C++ 14/17/20, CEF, CMake, Conan, WinAPI.
- Work on the client-side codebase of Ubisoft Connect
- This covers topics such as: game content related data management (e.g., achievements), social features (e.g., chat, friends), user interface, game data distribution, in-game overlay, user-generated content, shop, and much more.
- Write clear, modular and maintainable code.
- Helping us defining best practices
- Creating Design Patterns
- Working on technical designs, Architecture, new features as well as steady improvements of existing code
- Testing, debugging, profiling and maintaining existing code.
What you bring
- 7+ years of programming experience
- Expert knowledge in a modern version of C++
- Experience with Multithreading
- Knowledge about API programming
- Knowledge in either Windows API or CEF
- Fluent in oral and written English
Nice to have
- Programming experience on multiple platforms (Windows, Mac and Linux)
- Protocol Buffers
What we bring
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 11 bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare