Technical Artist [collab w/ Massive Studio]
- Bucharest, Romania
At Ubisoft Bucharest, we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on projects that shape the entertainment industry. From Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and many others – join us in creating the next big titles in gaming.
Your life at Ubi
As a Technical Artist at Ubisoft, you will be working on one of our unannounced AAA games, developed on our latest technology, the Snowdrop engine, a collaboration with Massive Entertainment - our Malmo studio.
You will act as a bridge between the artists and programmers, ensuring the art content and features are easily integrated into the game while respecting the artistic vision and technical constraints of the project.
Your main mission:
- Your role is to support the content production art teams in achieving top-quality results within the context of the project;
- You will work closely with the Technical Directors and the programming team to help implementing technical art features and new technologies in the project.
- Implement optimizations and monitor the performance of the game;
- Identify and Implement art-pipeline optimizations and automatizing;
- Create technical benchmarks to be used in production;
- Implement technical art features with the help of the programming team;
- Offer technical support to the art team in day-by-day production issues;
- Create and maintain technical documentation;
- Share with the other artists best-practices and new tools.
The professional value you bring:
- You have experience in a digital art content creation pipeline, ideally in the video game industry;
- The number and variety of tech-art areas of interest in your past activity are also important;
- You have experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modeling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art);
- You have experience with game editors and engines;
- You have good artistic skills (proportion, color, composition);
- You have the ability to create technical documentation;
- You have knowledge and Interest in the following tech-art areas:
o Rendering and Post-Effects
o Special FX
o Rigging and animation
o Physics simulations;
The personal value you bring:
- You have very good problem-solving skills;
- You have the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties;
- Training and tutoring skills are a plus;
- Fluency in English
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance, and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
The Production Team is very diverse in specialties, and this makes all the magic happen. Together, they create amazing worlds that take entertainment to the next level.