- Montreal, QC, Canada
As a Lead Scriptwriter at Ubi MTL, you will foster the overall narrative vision from concept to completion. You’ll guide a team of passionate scriptwriters to develop the embedded and emergent narrative elements that make up a living, breathing, reactive world.
You set each of your writers up for success. As the link between the narrative director and your team members, you clearly communicate information that allows every one of them to define the steps they need to take to create content with confidence.
A skilled writer, you contribute to shaping the in-game world. When it comes to adapting to changes, you’re comfortable filling in the blanks and connecting the dots; tying together missions and stories, working content around unmodifiable assets, and overcoming any other (temporary) obstacles that come your way.
What you’ll do
- Partner with the narrative and creative directors to grasp the wider world of the game.
- Coordinate and oversee writers in crafting content (plot, setting, characters, barks, dialogue, events, lore, item descriptions, tutorials, etc.).
- Review your team’s work and provide constructive feedback to achieve a quality, consistent tone and voice.
- Organize and host regular team meetings to establish priorities, discuss progress, address concerns, listen to ideas, set benchmarks, etc.
- Work closely with collaborative teams to ensure continuous communication throughout production.
- Write and refine narrative elements.
- Guide voice over and motion capture sessions, so that the spirit of the text always comes through in recordings.
- Help with any marketing and public relations projects, and assist with localization needs.
- Participate in recruitment to grow your scriptwriting team & develop their talents.
What you bring
- A degree in Creative Writing, Literature, Film, or equivalent
- At least 5 years writing of experience or related experience (leadership an asset)
- Understanding of game design fundamentals and all stages of development
- A highly creative, collaborative, empathetic, and innovative spirit
- Curiosity, flexibility, and plenty of resourcefulness
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to improvise and to adapt to feedback (and many changes to gameplay)
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped
- A variety of samples of your best work (attach files or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.