Lead Producer [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
- Berlin, Germany
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
Founded in 2018, Ubisoft Berlin has steadily grown to over 150 talented game developers. We collaborate on Far Cry 6 alongside international Ubisoft teams, and are also working on Skull & Bones – those are just two of our slate of projects, the others still to be announced.
We take an ambitious but humble approach to our goal of bringing AAA development to Germany. We commit ourselves to excellence: delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that make our players feel part of the worlds we have created.
We encourage real ownership within our teams – giving lots of trust and space for them to explore their creativity. The ultimate goal being to leave a positive mark in the lives of our players and the industry of a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and exciting cities in the world!
As project lead on exciting Ubisoft franchises, you will play THE critical role in helping our talented teams deliver world class game experiences to players across the globe. You will look after and mentor a diverse, international team to create genre defining games. The challenge is big, but the opportunity even greater. You’ll oversee everything on the project – from team development, to production planning, creative, stakeholder management (both internal and external) and collaborations with Ubisoft studios all over the world. You will have the space to make a huge impact on beloved IP.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintain project clarity and ensure the project is both sustainable and reaching the quality expected by internal and external stakeholders.
- Inspire and promote the product vision to relevant stakeholders within Ubisoft and our key strategic partners.
- Ensure realistic schedules and milestones, working together with Studio Management, Ubisoft Global Production and our partners – bringing openness and transparency at all times.
- Collaborate with production teams to ensure consistency and achievement of common goals.
- Provide data to ensure that project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverable requirements are realistic and achievable and properly Identify and communicate all roadblocks or bottlenecks.
- Own operational aspects of project development, including establishing development frameworks, reporting, risk management, capacity planning, resource management, and budgeting.
- Build a diverse project team, driving commitment and motivation throughout the project.
- Acting as “sword and shield” for that team – balancing the need for creating a quality game on time with maintaining a healthy, happy team.
What you’ll bring
- A keen understanding of process, but also know that people are an equal, if not larger, part of the equation of success.
- An expert knowledge of how games are built and shipped, from the ground up.
- Are a natural leader with previous experience from leading a project team.
- Know how to act and behave as a servant leader, one who understands the importance of clear, honest communication.
- Are used to working in an international environment and can express yourself fluently in English.
- While our teams will retain flexibility in working from home in future, you are willing to relocate to Berlin, Germany.
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels at home. We believe people do their best work when you give them ownership and trust. In return, we expect our teams to practice self-responsibility – continuing to develop their skills and with a growth mindset. We know how critical it is for our teams to feel comfortable and with that in mind, we provide a variety of benefits which we hope helps you settle into your life in Berlin:
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get approximately 10 bank holidays in the Berlin region.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, experts and in-house library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check bluebyte.de and berlin.ubisoft.com