Internal Communications Director
- Montreal, QC, Canada
As an Internal Communications Director, you’ll strengthen the studio’s culture and enhance employee engagement through events, programs, and tailored, timely messaging.
Reporting to our Vice President of Communications, you’ll oversee a highly motivated team of around 15 people in delivering information and producing memorable moments that enrich the experience of thousands of employees – from onboarding through every other step during their journey at Ubisoft.
With our studio’s constant evolution and exponential growth comes an opportunity to think outside the conventional as we define what comes next. While continuing to nurture a sense of belonging, you’ll help redesign an employee offering unique to Ubi: one that’s focused on people, creativity, technology, and innovation – to deliver the best entertainment experiences possible.
What you’ll do
- Develop and execute integrated internal communications and employee engagement strategies.
- Create and carry out a well-organized, thought-out internal communications plan, keeping messages aligned with external communications.
- Oversee your internal communications team + guide them in achieving objectives related to diffusing information within the organization.
- Articulate a vision that will allow your team to design new internal communication materials, identify innovative concepts for events, and continuously maintain and improve the content and features on Arcade, our intranet site.
- Identify and define audiences, timing, communications channels, visuals, and areas of focus (like talent development, company culture, etc.) in partnership with upper management and human resources.
- Support a social responsibility plan, in coordination with the diversity & inclusion team + oversee related programs such as volunteering, charitable or community activities, donations, etc.
- Provide strategic advice to upper management on communications matters such as the development of key messages + play a leadership role in the implementation and management of new processes within the studio.
- Collaborate closely with human resources across our Canadian studios to share realities and maintain harmony between initiatives.
- Contribute to the long-term development of the communications department + be accountable for establishing and respecting the allocated budget and targeted outcomes.
- Define metrics (like satisfaction surveys and studies) to track and assess the evolution of the company's social environment.
What you bring
- Significant experience in communications management, ideally in a global organization
- An inclusive, influential, and inspiring leadership style that allows you to rally people together toward common goals
- A thorough understanding of human resources, corporate environments as well as strategic and corporate issues
- A people-oriented approach: sure, you care about results, but you never lose sight of the dedicated people behind them
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and mentorship skills + the ability to communicate in French and English (on paper and in person)
- A degree in Communications, Business Administration, or Public Relations (or other relevant training)
- Flexibility to adapt to and overcome any hurdles and curveballs that come your way
- Creative problem-solving & a willingness to try new things
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.