External Communications Director
- Montreal, QC, Canada
As an External Communications Director, you’ll strengthen and promote Ubisoft’s reputation – locally and beyond.
The Montreal studio’s continuous evolution and exponential growth brings with it an opportunity to proactively review and redirect our efforts. As we continue to progress, you’ll play an essential role in guiding us into the future: elevating our external communications, conveying consistent messaging, and refining our highly developed profile.
Reporting to our Vice President of Communications, you’ll oversee a motivated and passionate team of around 10 people in bringing our voice and culture to life through public affairs, media relations, and digital media.
With a focus on employer branding, you’ll shape our external image, strategically positioning the studio – and the city– not only as a great contributor to the economy but also as a great place to work.
What you’ll do
- Develop and execute external communications strategies to boost public awareness and enhance market positioning.
- Create and carry out a well-organized, thought-out external communications plan (involving social media and other digital channels, campaigns, content, and more), keeping messages aligned with internal communications.
- Oversee your external communications team (including Corporate Social Responsibility and Media Relations) + guide them in achieving objectives related to diffusing information to external audiences.
- Articulate a vision that will allow your team to connect with and capture the attention of the public in new and engaging ways.
- Manage our media and community relations: set the tone for articles, press releases, interviews, and any other media or sponsorship-related activities + validate media strategies and approve budgets during campaign launches.
- Provide strategic advice to upper management on communications matters, like the development of key messages + play a leadership role in the implementation and management of new processes within the studio.
- Coordinate with communications teams across the company (especially in our Canadian studios) to maintain consistency between initiatives.
- Develop partnerships with organizations to enhance brand image and support corporate initiatives and social responsibility programs + attend industry events to represent Ubisoft.
- Contribute to the long-term development of the communications department + be accountable for establishing and respecting the allocated budget and targeted outcomes.
- Define metrics to monitor and evaluate the impact of our efforts.
What you bring
- Significant experience in communications management, ideally in a global organization
- An inclusive, influential, and inspiring leadership style that allows you to rally and engage stakeholders of all kinds
- A deep understanding of corporate environments, the Canadian media scene, and strategic and corporate issues
- A people-oriented approach: sure, you care about results, but you never lose sight of the dedicated people behind them
- A degree in Communications, Business Administration, or Public Relations (or other relevant training)
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and mentorship skills + the ability to communicate in French and English (on paper and in person)
- The capacity to define and manage priorities + balance short-term and long-term goals
- Plenty of flexibility to adapt to a range of situations & navigate interdependencies
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.