- Montreal, QC, Canada
As a Human Resources Partner, you'll act as an advisor to Ubisoft Montreal's managers and employees. You'll optimize the management of Human Resources as well as contribute to maintaining a favourable work environment to encourage team development and support departmental goals.
What you’ll do
Contribute to the development and maintenance of the studio’s strategic vision
- Support managers in the application of human resources strategies, in line with the organizational vision and team objectives.
- Collaborate with managers to create an innovative and inclusive work environment.
- Act as a facilitator in change management.
- Ensure communications process runs smoothly from management to their teams when transmitting information received from the executive level.
Perform daily HR operations
- Offer coaching and support to managers on various aspects of managing their teams in terms of HR management (performance reviews, working relationships, etc.).
- Ensure conformity throughout HR practices regarding employment laws and regulations.
- Intervene and offer guidance to managers in conflict situations (both with individuals and with teams).
- Deploy, communicate, and apply overall remuneration practices for all departments (bonuses, promotions, etc.).
- Advise and support departments in the annual salary review process.
- Coordinate annual performance reviews with managers for each department.
- Work with HR experts to implement HR programs and objectives.
Offer support to the Core team and/or management teams
- Participate in hiring interviews for positions in the Core Team and/or within the management teams.
- Provide information, as needed, on the roles and responsibilities related to positions and help define new roles.
- Participate in conflict resolution and propose proactive approaches as well as solutions in response to management issues.
- Identify employee succession for Core teams and contribute to the business development plan.
- Coordinate employee training and development, in collaboration with the Development Department, for members of the Core team.
- Contribute ideas and to the drafting of the Brand Road Map.
- Collaborate and support the Producer and/or Executive Producer and/or Director in identifying key employees.
Ensure harmony among teams
- Facilitate the orientation and integration of new employees among teams.
- Coordinate and facilitate the ongoing development and career evolution for members of each team, in partnership with the Development Team.
- Monitor the work climate within teams, perform evaluations and find solutions that allow the team to evolve and to function effectively.
- Facilitate team collaboration and participate, alongside managers, to develop a sense of belonging with teams.
What you bring
- Around 7 years of experience in human resources (or other relevant experience)
- Strong knowledge of Québec’s Act on labour standards (Employment Standards Act)
- A degree in Industrial Relations or Human Resources (or related training)
- A client-focused spirit
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in conflict resolution and working in environments under constant evolution
- Proven creativity, motivation, and innovation in problem solving
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being. Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.