- Montreal, QC, Canada
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
As a Linux system administrator, you’ll be joining the Cloud Storage team responsible for Block, Object (cold) and Data protection services. This team provides high performance storage for thousands of servers, virtual machines and cloud instances in a constantly growing environment. Your colleagues will be based in Shanghai, Singapore, Paris and Montreal enabling the team to provide 24/7 support.
As part of the team, you’ll maintain and improve various data storage and Data protection systems of Ubisoft, ensuring the health of the infrastructure and integrity/security of Ubisoft Data for live games, our productions and more! You’ll also have to automate, to help and improve the environments and work of teams supporting our game productions.
- Provide technical expertise on CSI and remove repetitive tasks;
- Be a subject matter expert of Linux technologies, implement best practices and provide training to the users of data storage;
- Upkeep/manage Ubisoft’s world class Block and Object storage environments;
- Put in place new Products and services while contributing to the success of Ubisoft;
- Analyze and report system performance issues, to ensure maximal uptime;
- Implement backup and data storage security policies and procedures;
- Install, maintain and upgrade Linux platforms;
- Commit and Improve our Code base on Gitlab;
- Create and improve existing build tests on our deployment pipelines;
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design, architecture, and standards.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux, preferably CentOS;
- Knowledge of Ansible or similar infrastructure automation tooling;
- knowledge of CNCF storage Technologies such as Ceph, Gluster, swift, OpenIO, Triron and knowledge of Git version control;
- Knowledge of Data Protection/security best practices;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment: multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner with a continuous service improvement mindset;
- Bilingualism French and English is required both orally and in writing.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.