Business analyst – Players community
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
As a Business Analyst, you will work within the teams to identify and transform Ubisoft's needs into solutions. You will join Ubisoft's IT-HQ team, and more specifically you will join the team in charge of creating internal and customer-oriented tools and applications in the field of community development.
Internationally, you will work closely with internal partners on 1-3 community-related products with the ultimate goal of streamlining community operations and creating new community experiences for players. As such, you will be responsible for understanding the process of using our products, defining features to solve player problems, and ensuring the proper use of the tools by our multiple stakeholders.
- Analyze and synthesize the information obtained from stakeholders in order to provide the teams with the right level of detail to qualify for the development to be done. This can lead to writing user stories for the development team;
- Understand the use of community tools internally and externally in order to identify development opportunities;
- Participate in the different phases of UX analysis to ensure the best experience around our community products;
- Participate in the use of data around products to better qualify priorities;
- Co-construct change management plans around our products;
- Participate in the execution of an Agile methodology for IT development delivery;
- Ensure that documentation is always up to date and delivered to the right internal recipient via the right channels.
- Experience as a business analyst and in digital marketing, such as website architecture, content management system, web analytics, A/B testing and/or personalization;
- Experience in Agile projects such as Scrum and Kanban;
- Excellent synthesis, information gathering, visual representation of requirements, and writing skills that simplify information;
- Good understanding of technical areas related to databases, web services and technical design of computer systems;
- Ability to get out of one's comfort zone, to be persistent, to be autonomous and to be results-oriented by asking open-ended questions to ensure the proper evolution of the needs;
- Good interpersonal communication skills in French and English, spoken and written.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.