- Montreal, QC, Canada
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
As a User Experience Designer (UX Designer), you'll join our data team which is currently working on migrating to a new central and unified team.
Your role will be to provide UX design expertise across our data products. You'll create such dashboards and reports catered to mobile, websites and applications. Working alongside developers, you'll need to ensure we have a user-centred approach and that we solve complex problems.
We want you to share and foster your knowledge with the team on various things like design trends and changes. In this position, you will play a key role in delivering a high-quality end result based on all the needs of our teams and business.
- Design the layout and flow of the user interface while keeping their needs in mind;
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive and pleasant user experience;
- Identify user behaviour, goals, motivations and needs through various methods;
- Be part of the business analysis phase regarding usability/navigation considerations and other aspects;
- Identify design problems and suggest elegant solutions;
- Follow-up with BI Developers on the final design implementation within the BI products;
- Assure the respect of the Ubisoft guidelines in terms of asset management (logo, fonts, color schemes);
- Establish a set of design patterns and best practices and make sure they are followed by the developers, BI developers, and analysts.
- Solid UX/UI design experience and the capacity to simplify complex matters through design;
- Experience working in Agile teams, with developers and analysts;
- Knowledge of Figma, design systems and User-Centred Design ideology;
- Easily collaborate with a variety of stakeholders with a proactive, innovative, and positive attitude;
- Proven interpersonal communication skills in French and English, spoken and written.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.