Linux Administrator DevOps
- Montréal, QC, Canada
- Temps plein
Description de l'entreprise
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
Description du poste
Ubisoft is seeking a Linux Administrator to join our IT Live Games team which is composed of Architects as well as Systems Administrators specialized in Microsoft and Linux products. They support Ubisoft game development by offering their expertise to the business activities in North America, Europe and Asia.
As a Linux Administrator, you will ensure proper functioning of various Linux servers and tools. Additionally, you will develop automation scripts while maintaining a DevOps approach by using a range of network and telecommunications tools to ensure the robustness of our infrastructure.
- Be in charge of the Linux systems, including tasks such as installations, maintenance, upgrades, system performance and application patching;
- Automate recurrent tasks through scripting using DevOps best practices and CI/CD pipelines;
- Monitor system events to ensure availability and good service quality;
- Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures;
- Participate in post-mortem and root cause analysis;
- Participate in evaluation of new requirements, technical designs, standard guidelines, best practices, and metrics;
- Support production teams that will leverage Cloud solutions.
(The position might require to work flexible hours and overtime if needed)
- Deep knowledge of GNU/Linux system administration;
- Experience with the public cloud solution such as AWS and GCP;
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code IaC;
- Experience with automation tools such as GitLab and Terraform and with scripting languages as well as Python;
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Kibana, Grafana, Zabbix, or Prometheus;
- Bilingualism French and English is required both orally and in writing.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.