- Montreal, QC, Canada
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
Ubisoft is looking for a Virtualization Specialist, to join the Enterprise Infrastructure Operation team in Montreal as part of the Ubisoft IT group. The team is responsible for the corporate infrastructure and provide services for all teams within Ubisoft
Present in Paris, Shanghai, and Montréal, the operational team consists of more than 30 network, storage, and virtualization administrators. This team started an ambitious journey toward DevOPS and SRE with the goal of developing managed services.
As a Virtualization Specialist, you’ll be responsible for the health and operations of our global virtualization infrastructure on more than 60 sites worldwide. You’ll also be responsible of automating and improving our technical solutions to deliver the most reliable and performant service.
- Improve service observability by developing monitoring and alerting;
- Improve service management by measuring and improving service metrics;
- Simplify deployment and operations by automating tasks;
- Develop a critical eye on the infrastructure to improve it with creative solutions;
- Maintain proactively clusters for optimal performance, ensuring scalability and stability;
- Secure implementation of technical standards with config management tools;
- Ensure up to date documentation and efficient communication;
- Ensure communication with 3rd parties and vendors when escalation is required;
- Respond to user and service requests to solve complex technical issues;
- Availability to rotate schedule for emergencies.
- Good knowledge of virtualization administration of vSphere and vCenter applied to medium or large infrastructure on multiple sites. Experience with vSAN is a notable plus;
- Knowledge of Linux OS administration;
- Knowledge of some scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell, Bash;
- Knowledge of automation tools and principles, CICD pipeline, API, Ansible, Gitlab;
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, NetXMS;
- Bilingual French and English is required both orally and written.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.